Supercharge your life in the new year with these 20 lists
Write your future self into existence with 20 prompts for reflection and planning
It’s the most wonderful time of the year. Time to look back on the previous year and see how far we’ve come, and set new resolutions and goals for the upcoming year. I do love making lists, and I’ve written out several variations of these lists for the last … oh, many years.
There’s magic in writing things down. You might find that once you’re clear with your reflections and future vision, a new world comes into focus fast.
Pro tip: give yourself the gift of time and space to let your creative mind drift when writing these out. I like to take a long walk on the beach or go for a run to clear my head first, then write afterward. You might want to hunker down in a cozy room or head to a library or coffee shop.
Write out as many per list as you want. I like to write round numbers, like 10 of each thing per list, but you might want more or fewer. Or go crazy and don’t have any rules at all. You do you! That’s the ultimate takeaway as we head into our future selves. Have fun with it!
Reflections on the past year
- Things you accomplished in the past year
- People who were important to you in the past year
- Important steps you took in your career
- Things you did for the first time
- Places you traveled (even in small ways!)
- Moments that made you smile
- Moments when you felt powerful
- Times when you helped another person
- Things you’re grateful for from the past year
- A motto that sums up the past year
Looking ahead to the new year and beyond
- Things you’d like to accomplish in the new year
- People you’d like to get to know better in the new year
- People who can help you get ahead or who can boost your career
- Leaders you’d like to learn from (they don’t need to be alive!)
- Relationships and habits you can gracefully leave behind
- Places you’d like to speak at, write for, or pitch to in the new year
- Skills or tools to learn that will help your career
- Things to learn that will improve your personal life
- Your ultimate career list — titles, companies, and projects you’d like on your resume someday
- A motto you’d like to live by in the new year
Wishing you a successful, bold, magical, and deeply satisfying new year, new you! ✨
OK, your turn! What are some end-of-year lists you like to make?
Originally published at andreadrugay.com on December 18, 2018.
Header image from Adobe Stock