Image for post
Image for post

I switched to Project Fi for my cell phone provider about a month ago. Project Fi is brought to you by Google is a new player to the cell phone provider game. They do not exclusively run their own cell towers, but lease them from Sprint and T-Mobile. They use similar features of their Google Voice product, but not every feature is available.

I decided to switch based upon my family monthly bill being $145 with Sprint for two lines. The plan I was on had unlimited talk and text as well as unlimited data. A look at my actual data usage showed I rarely, if ever, went above 2GB a month. Now I could have shopped around for a plan with Sprint, but this is where Project Fi really shines… unlimited talk and text for $20 a month, and then $10 increments of 1GB data. …


A few days ago I got an e-mail from Vonage telling me they were increasing my bill another $1. This is now the third time they have done this. When I first bought this “light” plan, it was 300 minutes and $9.99 a month (not including taxes). This past increase they decided to throw in an extra 100 minutes.

I don’t really use my home phone that much… the reason why I got it was back in 2007, my girlfriend was living with me (now my wife) and she did not get reliable cell reception in the house. …


I am in the process of transferring away the last of my business with GoDaddy. It’s been a long time coming, and I am leaving for a multitude of reasons which I won’t get into here, but as far as my technical requirements:


My company recently implemented Sharepoint 2010 and we have been building it out to get ready for production. Initially for testing, I created an internal IT site to get the hang of Sharepoint as well as to use its capabilities. During this time, I created a new custom list with some lookups to some other lists. Everything was working great until I realized I now needed to move this list into our production IT site. Turns out there is no built in way to export a list and retain its lookup information.

When I just exported the list, it renders as blank fields for the lookup columns. I can’t just lose this data… it’s nearly 1,000 entries of hand entered information. There needed to be some other way. So I went to searching the Internet and came across several other people scratching their heads with this same dilemma. The reason why it doesn’t retain the information is that each and every list (and other Sharepoint objects) are referenced behind the scenes by their unique GUID. This GUID gets changed when importing an identical list into a new site to prevent any unique constraint violations. …

Andre Viens

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store