Senior Product Designer
Join the Strava Design team!
Strava is composed of dedicated, fun-loving individuals, unified by our mission to build the most engaged community of athletes in the world. And it feels like we’re onto something big. Millions of athletes are already on Strava, with thousands more joining every day, and we’ve assembled an awesome team to keep us growing all around the world. Strava is the Swedish word for “strive,” which epitomizes our attitude and ambition: We’re a passionate community, committed to our athletes, each other, our business, and the deeply held belief that there’s always time for a run, ride, coffee or all three.
About This Role
Come be a part of a team of designers passionate about creating beautiful and inspiring design experiences that help Athletes train, connect, and reach their full potential. As a Senior Product Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from brainstorming the next great product innovation to tweaking pixels right before launch. You will be expected to utilize your full range of product design, interaction design, and visual design skills and own an area of the Strava product design experience.
- Take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for our millions of athletes around the world.
- Design flows and interfaces that are incredibly simple, effective, and elegant.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the product team.
- Partner with PMs, engineers and other stakeholders to oversee the user experience of a product from conception until launch as well as additional on-going iterations.
- Be familiar with prototyping your designs (using InVision, Principle, Framer, etc.), plus you have a knack for beautiful motion design.
- Give and solicit feedback from other designers in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- An awe-inspiring portfolio of desktop and mobile digital experiences with detailed descriptions of your process, role and contribution.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to think at a high level about product strategy but also act–with speed and precision–to deliver the tactical pieces to realize it.
- Proven experience delivering end-to-end (from brief to shipping) applications and software within a team environment.
- Experience designing for diverse groups of people highly desirable (international audiences, multi-language localization, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Visual Communications, or equivalent degree.
- 6+ years relevant experience in visual design of digital products that have been released to market.
Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for the role. This is a full-time position at our San Francisco office.
- Yearly gear and fitness stipends.
- The rare opportunity to change the athletic landscape such that everyone who runs or rides is using the product you built. We’re not just another social web app, we’re helping real people reach their full athletic potential.
- Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, Strava is expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. By joining our team, you will help push Strava forward in fresh, innovative ways. You will engage in interesting and challenging work that will improve the lives of our athletes every day. And in the same way that Strava is deeply committed to unlocking the potential of our athletes, we are dedicated to providing a world-class workplace where our employees can grow and thrive. Join us!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.