Lessons From: 6 Months to 6 Figures
Great self-improvement lessons from Chapters 1–3.
This gives a great understanding of changing your mentality to focus on building yourself so you can provide VALUE to the marketplace (no value = no money).
It also is important to note that if you value your time (and you should), you should spend that time mastering something specific to your personal goals. Read and master 1 book as opposed to reading and superficially understanding 50 books. Repetition and patience are two key elements to mastery!
The Hidden Opportunity
- “You get paid for bringing value to the marketplace, and if you’re not very valuable you don’t make much money”
- Time on a job or specific occupation doesn’t increase inherent value of job being done (20 years of experience = 1 year of experience repeated 20 times)
- Skills are valuable, needs are not (“Don’t bring your needs to the marketplace, bring your skills”)
- Areas to increase value to the marketplace and stand out: Expertise, Productivity, Efficiency, Multiplication, Influence, Celebrity, Reputation, Vision, Personality, Attitude, Awareness, Masterminding
Mastery vs. Information Overload
- The only way to become successful is to master the fundamentals. The fundamentals you adopt must be congruent with your end results and goals.
- The mature learner is very deliberate with what he/she studies and puts to mind.