Stop with the Pop Psychology
- correlation does not equal causation
- do not infer generalizability; do not infer truth; do not forget to assume skepticism.
- avoid second-hand reporting: read the research your damn self and *then* make your case.
- stop using psychology as a tool to make you seem educated or sophisticated. it makes you look like a giant tool and it’s not cute
- *stop abusing people’s innate desire to make sense of the world by providing them bits and pieces of psychological research in order to get clicks and reads* FUCK MAN
- Respect psychology as a science and stop using it as a way to prove your subjective truths.
- Goddammit — if you HAVE TO USE IT — cite the fucking article like an adult I know you are. UGH (AND BY HAVE TO, I MEAN LIKE IT’S CRITICALLY IMPORTANT THAT YOU INCLUDE A RIGOROUS, STATISTICALLY SOUND RESEARCH ARTICLE TO ‘BACK UP’ YOUR BLOG POST ABOUT PRODUCTIVITY, LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST, OR WHATEVER BULLSHIT YOU ARE POSTING. I MEAN LIKE, IF YOU NEED TO USE IT OR ELSE YOU’LL STAY UP ALL NIGHT OR FEEL AS IF YOUR LIFE HAS NO MEANING WITHOUT IT GO AHEAD I DON’T CARE BUT IF YOU SO MUCH AS GLANCE AT A HEADLINE AND REPORT THAT I WILL FIND YOU AND I WILL LOCATE THE ACTUAL ARTICLE AND HAVE YOU DO A REAL FUCKING LIT REVIEW LIKE THE REST OF THE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY.)
- PLEASE STOP INFERRING TRUTH FROM ONE STUDY AND STOP TWISTING IT TO FIT YOUR PARTICULAR CLICK BAIT SHIT POST OF THE DAY — FUCK.
A FUCKING PSYCH STUDENT