Adding Localizable.strigsdict to the WebCore module of the WebKit (release 0.5 and 0.6 for DPS911)
Finally, after I got a WebKit completely working on my machine, I started looking for new good bugs in Bugzilla. To find a suitable bug, I spent a lot of time because many of them required very deep knowledge of how the Web Browser Engine works.
After some time spent on Bugzilla I wrote to the IRC chat. Couple contributors suggest me different bugs that can be helpful and that I can do. From that heap I found a very interesting bug.
This bug became interesting to me because of the comment of one of the contributors. He said that the patch that was already landed in the tree was wrong, because it implemented a sentence building logic only for English language — by simply adding ‘s’ at the end of the plural form of the word. But in many languages the rules are more difficult than just adding ‘s’ at the end of the word. As well, he said that in many languages WebKit uses a small hack to avoid implementing more complex and correct version of the plural word generation logic — by simply listing "Files: %d”.
Another contributor agreed that it is better to have a Localizable.strigsdict file in the WebCore module.
And here I understood that it is a great bug for me to fix!
I filled a bug and began to work on it. As well I commented about my newly created bug under the original one.
Status as of 10 am, 19 April 2019 — first patch was rejected, communicating with contributors about fixes, improving code to create a new patch.