If you have invested handsomely in your marble tile, then might also find it very dear to your heart. The tiniest crack of the slightest stain on the surface makes your heart skip a beat. This beautiful natural stone is not only elegant, but also enhances the overall decor of your home or office. But after some months, regardless of how much time and effort you put in marble tile cleaning, you will find the surface to become dull and yellow. In this article, we will throw light on some problems with marble stone and also on how you can get rid of these stains and prevent their recurrence.
Problems with Marble Stone
- Marble stone is porous like other natural stones and any kind of liquid spill, food and oil spills penetrate inside its pores, leading to mold and mildew formation.
- Mold and mildew breeding inside the pores quickly spread on the entire surface, leaving a nasty looking yellowy mark which eventually turns greenish black..
- The food and beverage spills on the surface quickly penetrate inside the pores leaving a permanent and deep-rooted stain.
- Acidic cleaners may cause etching on the surface. When food spills on the etched part, it forms a nasty looking yellowish stain, which is hard to clean by regular wiping.
Some Important Tips for Cleaning your Marble Stone so that the Stains Won’t get Yellowy and Deep-Rooted:
- Stains on the surface are inevitable but you should refrain from spreading the spill to wipe it, instead, try and blot it using a tissue or a blotting paper as doing so, will prevent the stains from spreading everywhere.
- Do not use acidic cleaners to clean your surfaces as these will cause etching as it often leads to more pronounced stains.
- Marble tile cleaning should be done regularly to remove all the dirt, grime and dust accumulating on daily basis.
- Seal the surface to prevent staining and molding issues.
- Use a maintenance cleaner for maintaining your services once the experts have sealed your stone.
How do Get Rid of Yellow Stains from Marble Tile Permanently?
Getting rid of yellow stains from marble for once is not the solution for a perfect stone restoration as there is no guarantee that stains formed once cannot form again. You should follow a step-by-step procedure, which helps you to get rid of the stains permanently and also restore the lost sheen.
Marble Tile Cleaning:
Yellow, greasy and deep-rooted stains from marble tile can be eliminated using high-quality and exquisitely designed marble approved cleaners. Such cleaners penetrate deeply into the surface and knock off the stains and mold at the root level. Also ensure that you remove the stains from the grout to get a thoroughly clean and sanitized surface at the core. After marble tile and grout cleaning, you will be able to see the cracks in the surface more clearly, which need to be repaired first.
Repairing Cracked Marble Tile and Grout:
If you find cracks and crevices in your marble stone and grout, you should repair them using a strong epoxy adhesive, which enters the cracks and forms a permanent bond. Such adhesives do not pop off from the surface and are not bulky. Repairing cracked marble tile helps you get a seamless surface, ready to be sealed.
If you proceed to sealing marble tile without sealing grout, then the moisture in the grout will lead to mold formation, thereby rendering a very hazy appearance to your top coat. It is best to seal grout first with a high-quality epoxy grout sealer, which makes the surface waterproof and resistant to wear and tear.
Sealing Marble Tile:
After cleaning the stone, sealing the grout and repairing the cracks, you should next perform marble sealing using a clear solvent topical sealer, which forms a protective coating on the surface. Such sealants penetrate deep inside the pores and shuts them, thereby preventing further moisture entry. The sealants also make the surface waterproof and hence ineffective to future stains and leaks. After sealing, your stone will be protected from stains and mold and will also have a slight sheen.
To get a refined look and glossy sheen on your marble stone, you can perform marble polishing using clear topical solvent based sealers, which coat the sealer and the stone at the same time, leaving a high-glossy shine on your surface.
This way, a detailed marble tile cleaning procedure helps to get rid of yellow stains permanently. Experts generally have an upper hand in handling such daunting and minute procedures because they have ample experience and expertise. If you want experts to do this for you, you can contact D’Sapone Restoration- Brooklyn a paramount stone and grout restoration service provider company in the New York, to get that ideal cleanliness and longevity on your surfaces.