Whenever you open your Facebook account, first thing you see is the newsfeed. Facebook newsfeed gives you news update of the pages you have liked, your family and friends. It includes photos, status updates, links and many things.
Facebook news feed works on the process of ranking. When you interact more with a particular friend, group or page, its ranking will be higher in your newsfeed. If a post has higher number of comments, likes and shares it will have a better position in your news feed. Recent posts by someone appears first in your news feed.
If you want to know what influences the posts in news feed, go to post and click on three dots in the top right and click on “Why I’m seeing this post”?
How can I view and adjust News feed preferences?
From News feed preferences, you can adjust what you see on Facebook News Feed. Follow these steps to control your News feed:
1. Log in to your Facebook account.
2. Click on down arrow in the top right corner of the page.
3. Now select “News feed preferences”.
4. Select “Prioritize who to see first”. Doing this, the posts from people or pages you have selected will appear first.
5. To hide posts from people or group, choose the option of “Unfollow people and groups to hide their posts”. If you want to unfollow a person or page from News feed, click on three dots on the right of the post shared by them. Now select Unfollow.
6. You can also unfollow a group or person directly by hovering over following or joined (for group) near their cover photo. Click on unfollow.
7. You can also unfollow a person temporarily by snoozing them.
8. You can again reconnect the group or person by clicking on “Reconnect with people and groups you unfollowed”. If you want to follow a page or group directly, click non like for a page and join for group near their cover photo. Select follow then.
To view most recent posts in your news feed first, see below steps;
· The most popular posts are shown first in news feed by default.
· To view most recent posts first, click on Home at the top of Facebook.
· Now in the news feed tab from the left side menu click on three dots.
· Now select on most recent.