Best Writings of 2015
It’s that time again — for my year-end list of my favorite writings. In 2015, I’ve published in new publications, explored new issues and was part of an award-winning multimedia team.
Here’s hoping 2016 builds on that productive success!
- “City: We’re Stemming Flow of Foster-Care Kids Into Homelessness,” City Limits, March 16, 2015
- “New Bill Would Help Domestic Violence Survivors Find Shelter for Their Pets Too,” RH Reality Check, April 14, 2015
- “What Does Parental Leave Look Like in NYC’s Silicon Alley?,” City Limits, Dec. 2, 2015 (Listen to my WBAI spot on the article. I come in at 45 minutes: http://nuarchive.wbai.org/mp3/wbai_151203_060002moshowthu.mp3)
- “In Brooklyn, Green Space With Nowhere to Play,” Youth Today, March 10, 2015
- “4 LGBT Issues to Focus on Now That We Have Marriage Equality,” RollingStone.com, June 29, 2015
- “Advocates Say Defunding Planned Parenthood Will Set Back HIV Efforts, Point to Indiana HIV Outbreak as Evidence,” TheBody.com, August 21, 2015
- “New Pro-Choice Group Calls Out President Obama for a #BadLegacy on Reproductive Rights,” Cosmopolitan.com, August 24, 2015
- “Questions on Whether Lawsuit is Likely to Solve City’s Foster-Care Problems,” City Limits, August 3, 2015
- “What You Should Know Before Freezing Your Eggs,” Healthline, October 30, 2015
"THE MISSING" WINS BIG
"The Missing," a multimedia project which tells the stories of missing New Yorkers, won a 2015 Online Journalism Award from the Online News Association. The team project — in which I served as producer, editor and reporter — was also a finalist in the 2015 Editor & Publisher's EPPY Awards.
More on "The Missing": "The Missing" takes an in-depth look at the stories of some of New York’s missing, delving into individual experiences of searching for the lost as well as the system that handles their cases.
"The Missing" is a product of the NYCity News Service at the CUNY Graduate School of Journalism, in partnership with City Limits, a non-profit investigative news publication.