25th SEC Football Championship Game
The two most important messages/themes for the 2016 SEC Football Championship Game: that it was the 25th game and the match-up itself.
- Announced the 2017 SEC Football Legends Class
- Decided on an event hashtag = #SECChamp25
- Began posting sponsored posts with AT&T to win tickets to the game
- Announced that all former SEC Champ MVPs would be invited back to be recognized — this was special to this year, an added bonus for it being the 25th Game.
- Announced that Steve Spurrier, Gene Stallings and former SEC Commish Kramer (two coaches and commish from the 1st game) would be present for the opening coin toss — another added bonus for this year’s game
- Began our 25 days until countdown — using video recap of MVPs games on Facebook & Twitter, putting a still photo on Instagram.
- Started pushing championship game security updates out
NOVEMBER 19 — Match-up officially known
WEEK OF GAME
- Changed cover photos to be SEC Championship specific
- Documented field painting at the Georgia Dome — this year each end zone would be painted to match the team’s home end zone.
- Added Facebook Frames for each team in Champ Game
- Informed fans about things happening during champ week — example: SEC Fanfare, team pep rallies, youth clinic, AllState good works day, etc
FRIDAY — DAY BEFORE GAME
- Real-time coverage of team arrivals, coaches press conferences, MVPs honored at Coaches Luncheon, SEC Legends dinner, SEC FanFare
- Final day of ‘Countdown to #SECChamp25’
- Documenting final touches of Georgia Dome set-up for GameDay
SATURDAY — #SECChamp25 GameDay
- Posting real-time content getting people pumped for GameDay in Atlanta
- Snapchat filter activates at 2 pm ET — two hours prior to kick-off
- Main pieces of live content to gather: SEC FanFare, team arrivals, Dr. Pepper halftime contest, military homecoming, coin toss, MVP recognition, post-game celebration