Reasons to hire QA professionals
In the keynote speech of former Googler Alberto Savoia in the 2011 Google Test Automation Conference, he said that “Test is Dead”. According to his belief, it is more efficient to move the responsibility for testing back to the developers.
As being a human being, we all make mistakes. Therefore comes the need of software testing. These mistake can be small and unimportant or expensive and dangerous. One needs to look for everything and anything we produce because things can always go wrong.
Software testing is without any doubt the most important in the whole software development process. But there are still a lot of strong and compelling arguments about delegating the role of quality assurance testing to a separate QA team. That is why most of the people are stuck with this question in their mind about whether to hire the QA professionals or not.
Why QA is required?
Here are the reasons for which the Quality Assurance is very important in the process of software development:
- Software testing is really required to point out the defects and errors that were made during the development phases.
- It ensures Customer’s reliability and their satisfaction.
- It is very important to ensure the Quality of the product. Quality product delivered to the customers helps in gaining their confidence.
- Testing is necessary in order to provide the facilities to the customers like the delivery of high quality product or software application which requires lower maintenance cost and hence results into more accurate, consistent and reliable results.
- Testing is required for an effective performance of software application or product.
- It’s important to ensure that the application should not result into any failures because it can be very expensive in the future or in the later stages of the development.
- It’s required to stay in the business.
What if no QA is done before the launch of the projects:
- Developers won’t be able to focus on the project probably because their aim will also shift towards the testing and finding bugs. So it would be like you’re paying an above-market salary to a junior developer to find edge cases where the code will fail?
- QA is done to know about the flaws hidden even in the final output. Moreover, QA is needed because it helps to build the quality into the process of software development.
- If the team of developers doesn’t take the quality seriously, then the buggy software gets released/ QA ensures that the whole team own the quality of the work.
- Without QA, one would not be able to deliver the quality product to the customers. Usually programmers cannot find their own bugs. Therefore a special team for experts in Quality Assurance is needed to check the code for bugs before delivering the project to the client.
Why it is necessary to keep a separate QA team?
QA testing isn’t expensive.
It’s fine to not to think about hiring the QA at the initial level. One should think about once they start expecting a bit more from their business. Then it makes more sense to invest in something fruitful like testing.
QA testers have no bias.
Developers usually can’t concentrate on two things altogether. Therefore it becomes difficult for them to work on testing efficiently along with coding. On the other hand, QA is detached and performs quality check in a better way.
QA testing goes beyond the software.
Yes, QA testing involves checking the functionalities of the software. But along with that it also validates the functionality of the software is what the client is looking for.
QA testers have greater discipline in bug tracking, documentation and reporting.
Developers hate documentation. QA teams remove this burden from the developers while also documenting code better.
LetsNurture has an expert team for testing as well. So if you thinking of hiring an offshore QA team, connect with us. We will ensure you the quality testing and make you feel like remote QA is also feeling like as if it is done in-house. Ping us at firstname.lastname@example.org and you can also ask for the free quote for the same.