How To Perform Mobile Marketing — Some Top Rated Ways
As we all know that more than 60% of the world’s population has a mobile phone and there are 9 new mobile phone users added every second. Isn’t that amazing? Hence Mobile marketing has become a new strategy aimed at reaching a target audience on their smart phones, tablets, and/or other mobile devices, via websites, email, SMS and MMS, social media, and apps.
This multi-channel, digital marketing strategy called Mobile marketing is disrupting the way people engage with brands. Everything that can be done on a desktop computer is now available on a mobile device. Everything is accessible on a small mobile screen from opening an email to visiting your website to reading your content. Consider:
- 80% of internet users own a Smartphone.
- Mobile platforms, such as smart phones and tablets, host up to 60% of digital media time for users across India and the world.
- It’s amazing to know that Google anticipates search queries on mobile devices to surpass desktop searches.
- Effective mobile advertising means understanding your mobile audience, designing content with mobile platforms in mind, and making strategic use of SMS/MMS marketing and mobile apps.
SEO Company in India says — “Mobile marketing is similar to advertising delivered over other electronic channels such as text, graphics and voice messages”. Previously SMS messaging was the most common delivery channel for mobile marketing but these days Search engine marketing has become the second-most common channel, followed by display-based campaigns.
Mobile devices also have enabled new types of interactive marketing because of its expanding capabilities. New mobile marketing channels include:
- location-based service (LBS), which involves detecting the area the user is connecting from (geolocation) and sending marketing messages for businesses in that area.
- Mobile users get their user’s phone display with location-specific information about businesses and products which overlays the increased reality of mobile campaigns.
- 2D barcodes, which are barcodes that scan vertically as well as horizontally to include much more information. To get access to the environmental associated information a mobile user can scan barcodes.
- GPS messaging, which involves location-specific messages that the user picks up when he comes into range?
Mobile isn’t just the future; it has revolutionized business. Mobile devices are a key communication tool for most consumers in India and worldwide.
Below shared are some top rated ways for Mobile Marketing:
1. Make your site mobile friendly: The first thing you should do before you start a mobile marketing campaign is to make your site mobile-friendly. In your mobile friendly website make sure that menus and content display well with a mobile-friendly theme for users to read the content properly.
2. Create mobile friendly content: You need to write content keeping in mind what the mobile users need while on the go. Please do keep in mind that mobile devices display content on a small screen. And, mobile users don’t care about your page but they care about is why they came in the first place. You should write good and brief headlines to be delivered on the small mobile screens.
3. Optimize for Search Engines: A recent study shows that when people search for products and services on their mobile devices, they’re usually more motivated to take action than someone who searches on a desktop computer.
That’s why you can’t ignore mobile search engine optimization (SEO). Mobile’s share of organic search has increased steadily and this trend will continue, well into the future.
4. Take your brand to mobile users: Brands can’t ignore mobile and neither can bloggers, software developers, and business owners. One way to get your brand out there is with mobile ads, which you can run through social media and other channels.
5. Get local with Google My Business: Mobile users often look for local information. If you want to deliver, you need to get your business on the local map.
6. Use text message (SMS) marketing:
Since Mobile users check their phones at least every hour and Smartphone’s are handy and are always ready to use to find information you can get the advantages of mobile text messaging as follows:
- Track able platform: You can easily track who opens your message, what links they clicked and who ignored the message.
- Interactivity: Mobile text messaging makes it possible to get feedback from your recipients quickly, via a quick tap on the ‘reply’ button.
- Immediate delivery: Overall, mobile marketing is fast. Once you press ‘send,’ your message goes out instantly, unless there is a technical error. You can set up a campaign and have hundreds of impressions and clicks within 5 minutes.
- Personal touch: When you send a text message via your mobile device, it gives you an informal opportunity to personalize the message. You can share a brief story or link to a resource where recipients can read a personal experiment or case study.
I can predicted that the mobile advertising industry would grow from to $3.1 billion in 2017, up from $160 million in 2018. The firm also predicts that mobile search marketing will account for 73% of mobile marketing by 2018, up from 24% in 2018, and that SMS-based campaigns would shrink to 9%, down from 63% in 2018.