iSupport is APC’s giving campaign that challenges One Million Donors Worldwide to support us in serving our community. Donate today at www.apministries.com/donate!
About Our Church
The Apostolic Pentecostal Church of Pickering has served the Durham and East Toronto areas for over 20 years, and it has always been our goal to serve the community in more meaningful and visible ways.
With this goal in mind, our leadership has put in place a plan to move our church from its current location to one where we will be able to make a bigger impact in the community.
1920 Notion Road is the site of our new worship facility.
With our love for people and our commitment to serving God and our community, we are confident that we can use our new whole-life worship centre to effectively meet the spiritual and social needs of the residents in our community. Help us make our city and region a better and safer place to live!
How will WE serve our community?
- By erecting a spiritual life centre where individuals will experience transformations in all areas of their lives.
- By expanding and enhancing our free services to the community: baby dedications, child and senior’s care, youth development programs, marriage, group and individual counselling, and much more.
- By providing a spacious environment where individuals will experience religious and educational training for self- improvement.
To bring this dream to fruition, we are appealing to ONE MILLION supporters to assist us by donating a minimum of $5 to our community-focused building project campaign, iSupport. This will be possible by giving through all available online methods.
Why should I give?
That’s a great question! Here are a few compelling reasons:
- Our facility will be a meeting place for our community. Our city has a limited number of available meeting spaces and for more formal events, most organizations and individuals have to rent spaces in neighbouring cities. We want to offer our neighbours, businesses, and community organizations with state-of-the-art facilities to hold their important meetings and events. This is something we already do and we want to be able to extend this service. Our new facility will house a multi-purpose event centre which will include a banquet hall, conference area, gymnasium, commercial kitchen, and a café.
- We are building to serve our community and we need bigger and state-of-the-art facilities to optimize these services. Our pastor happily serves our community by officiating weddings, funeral services, and baby dedications for our congregants as well as our community members. Most of these services are provided free of charge, but with our limited space, our facility oftentimes is not the best venue for these milestone events. With our new church building’s multi-purpose event centre, our pastor will be able to officiate these ceremonies in a beautifully appointed modern facility that will include a special events chapel. For weddings, we will also be able to offer a spacious bridal party preparation area.
- Our church will be a safe haven for children and youth. With a children’s centre, nursery, gymnasium, classrooms, cafeteria, and library, our children and youth will be able to participate in recreational programs, fun events, and even attend school in a safe wholesome environment.
- Finally, we need your support because we need more space. Every week, we are faced with the wonderful dilemma of how to comfortably accommodate new and returning guests and regular attendees. Seating is limited, parking is limited, and this limits how well we can serve our congregants. Apart from needing more space to worship, we also need more space to expand our services to our community. With more extensive facilities, we will be able to increase the scope of our weekly marriage classes, counselling services, summer camps, youth leadership training, food distribution, and more.
Please partner with us to serve our community by visiting our giving page at www.apcministries.com/donate. Thank you for your prayers and support!