I’ve completed my second week of GSoC and the main task for this week was to change the files generated by the theme generator for new themes to scss files which were css files earlier. The files were generated dynamically through PHP code.
Initially when the theme generator generated css files after successfully creating a new theme, when the new theme was selected. The pages rendered like this
The main challenge was that the user selected variables were as PHP variables and were required to be passed to scss files. For this we used PHP files to dynamically generate the scss files by passing the variables as strings.
A lot of code needed to be changed in format though the logic was mostly same. I had to add couple of new controllers which governed file generation as well.
And finally the theme generator worked all well. And new custom theme can be generated now.