Top 5 Ecommerce Shipping Options for Australian Merchants
Australian eCommerce industry has seen tremendous growth in the past few years. To support this growth all the major courier delivery and product shipping companies have taken measures to become ecommerce friendly and provide multiple shipping and delivery options to Australian merchants. They have also modernized their infrastructure and processes accordingly.
So which are these companies? Global shipping companies like FedEx or DHL have always had an edge when it came to ecommerce shipping and delivery in in all the countries where they are present. But when we talk about Australia, in recent years, Australia Post has taken various measures to compete with the best in the business and have also tied up with state postal services from other countries for better international coverage.
In this blog we will talk about 5 of the best ecommerce shipping options available for Australian merchants.
1. Australia Post
Australia post offers an array of delivery choices and options for letters as well as parcels. It provides business mail and customer communications solutions, special delivery services, domestic shipping for different businesses and domestic parcel so that you can easily send the parcel without any hindrances. Here are some of the solutions it provides for online retailers.
- Receive payments through payment gateways
- Solutions that meet your business requirement
- Access discounts according to the size of your business
- Boost sales through flexible delivery options
- Prepare and track shipments effortlessly
And integrating Australia Post’s system into your Magento store is super easy with our Australia Post Magento extension.
2. Australia eParcel
If you are a merchant who sends more than 1000 parcels annually, Australia post eParcel is the right option for you. It has a freight management tool that can help you to take care of your shipping needs. You can also keep your customers updated through their email and SMS tracking notifications. Here are the ways in which Australia post eParcel helps.
- Managing consignments
- Delivery manifests
- Track your parcel
- Online tracking and delivery for sender and recipient
- All-inclusive managed reports
- Transit cover in case of parcel loss or damage
- Barcoded labels
Again, if you want to integrate Australia Post eParcel into your Magento store, you can try our eParcel Magento Extension.
Shipping needs of online retailers are quite high. Fedex, through its ‘Ship Manager Software’ offers the perfect shipping solution to the retailers. Mentioned below are some of the services provided by Fedex Ship Manager.
- Status email notifications
- Information stored in the database for future shipping needs
- Accurate data feeding
- Can be accessed from anywhere
- Advanced reporting system that helps merchants to create customized reports
- Shipping features like track, request pick up, rate quotes etc
To integrate Fedex into your Magento store you can go for our FedEx Smart Shipping Extension.
DHL eCommerce Australia offers domestic and international delivery, pick up and return solutions for merchants as well as consumers provide standard domestic and international parcel pick-up, delivery and return solutions for business customers under the brand names ‘DHL Parcel’ Here’s all that DHL offers under its ecommerce umbrella.
- Defined transit times with end to end visibility
- International B2C shipping to more than 220 countries
- Shipping solutions fit for small and medium businesses
- Expert advice for getting your business products shipped internationally
- Customs support
- Tracking of more than 50 items at once
StarTrack is one of the most trustworthy partners for the ecommerce merchants based in Australia. The merchants just have to provide with the phone number and email address to receive and send en route notifications, delivery and pick up information to the customers. They also get a direct link to myCourier with real time traffic ETA (Estimated Time of Arrival). StarTrack offers the following ecommerce shipping solutions:
- Delivery and return choice for customers
- Help with targeting and selling products
- Logistics management
- Supply chain optimization
- Online store enhancement
Adding Star Track as a shipping option in your Magento store is again, very easy with our StarTrack Shipping Magento Extension.
While selecting any of the above shipping options for your store do keep in mind the quality of the service, IT infrastructure of the provider, their reputation in the market and most importantly their charges. Adding any of them in your store shouldn’t be a problem as there are many extensions available in the market for the same, including ours.