Ingredients for healthy relationships
There are specific ingredients for healthy relationships. Relationships will be more easier if you have these ingredients and you implement them always.
Here is a little checklist. How many can your relationship tick off?
Ingredients for healthy relationship
- Admit mistakes for when you are wrong
- Accept responsibility for your behaviours, attitudes and values
- Accepting each others word
- Giving the benefit of the doubt
- Asking not expecting
- Accepting change
- Making decisions together
- Willing to compromise
- Win win resolutions to conflict
- Communicate openly and truthfully
- Refusing to intimidate or manipulate
- Respect physical space
- Expressing self non violently
- Support each others choices
- Being understanding
- Offering encouragement
- Listening non judgmentally
- Valuing opinions
Its very simple, right? Yet, most couple fail to do it. These are just the basics of love and respect that you should have for each other, otherwise what is the point in being in that relationship. . Remember if you partner does not afford you the respect that you deserve then maybe it is time to end that relattionship. Dont stay with someone because you are afraid of not finding someone else, with the right attitude; there will always be someone. When you get into a relationship make sure its worth it. Make sure you have these basic ingredients for healthy relationships 365 days a year.
Do you have anything else to add?