ZClassic Ledger Device Guide
This guide is intended for users with the Electrum-ZCL Wallet and a Ledger device. The guide will describe the following processes:
- Installing the ZClassic App on the Ledger Device
- Installing and Setting up Electrum-ZCL
- Making transactions with your Ledger Device
Before you start
- Set up Ledger Live with your device.
- Update the firmware on your Ledger device.
- Install the Bitcoin app, as Zclassic requires it.
Install the ZClassic App on the Ledger Device
- Open the Manager in Ledger Live.
- Connect and unlock your device.
- If asked, allow the manager on your device.
- Find ZClassic in the app catalog.
- Click the Install button of the app.
- An installation window appears.
- Your device will display Processing…
- The app installation is confirmed.
Installing and Setting up Electrum-ZCL
- Download the latest version of Electrum-ZCL for your operating system from the ZClassic GitHub;
- Open Electrum-ZCL. Ensure your Ledger device is unlocked and the ZClassic app is open.
- Create a new wallet file, with a name of your choosing;
4. Choose your required wallet type, this is usually ‘Standard wallet’ and click Next;
5. In the Keystore screen, choose ‘Use a hardware device’ and click Next;
6. On the next screen you will see that the Ledger device has been detected. Sometimes this screen can show 2 devices… in this instance, choose the first one and continue;
7. Choose the default derivation that will be pre-populated and click Next;
8. The Electrum-ZCL wallet will now load. To see all your addresses, select the View Menu > Show Addresses;
You can verify that the Ledger device is correctly connected to your Electrum-ZCL wallet by checking that the Ledger device icon at the bottom right has a green light.
Making transactions with your Ledger Device
- Ensure that the Ledger device is connected, and you have selected the ZClassic App.
2. Enter the following details and click Send;
- Pay to: The ZCL address of the recipient (Required)
- Amount: The amount of ZCL you wish to send. The fee will be automatically calculated, and appear in the Fee box. (Required)
- Description: A friendly name for the transaction that will show in the History screen.
3. Once you click send, you will be prompted to confirm the first output of the transaction on your Ledger device. Verify the information and confirm the output on your device.
ALWAYS VERIFY THAT THE ADDRESS DISPLAYED ON YOUR LEDGER DEVICE IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE ADDRESS PROVIDED BY YOUR RECIPIENT
4. You will be asked to confirm every output of the transaction on your Ledger device, repeat the above process for each output.
5. Once you have confirmed all outputs, you will have 1 final transaction confirmation to confirm on your Ledger device, and the transaction will be sent. Electrum-ZCL will display a confirmation including the transaction ID.
- Click the Receive tab in Electrum-ZCL
- Click ‘New’ to generate a new Receive address
- You can share the address in the Receiving Address box to the 3rd party wishing to send you ZCL.
- Unshielded addresses start with the letter t. This is Zclassics’s transparent address format, supported in Electrum-ZCL When you get a receive address for ZClassic, it will be unshielded. Shielded addresses start with the letter z. They can not be created in Electrum-ZCL.
- At the “Hardware Keystore” setup screen, I get a “No Hardware Device Detected”
Make sure your Ledger device is awake (i.e. not showing the screensaver) and unlocked with your PIN in order for the device to be recognized.
- I’m getting an “Exception: Invalid Status 6700” error.
Make sure the ZClassic app is already launched on your Ledger device.
- I’m getting a ‘Read Error’
Close Electrum-ZCL, Ensure you have unlocked your Ledger device and have selected the ZClassic app. Re-Open Electrum-ZCL. The ZClassic app must be open on the Ledger device before opening Electrum-ZCL.
- I’m getting an “Exception: Invalid Sequence” error.
Make sure your Ledger device is awake (i.e. not showing the screensaver) and unlocked with your PIN, and you have selected the ZClassic app.
- Any other error on windows when creating the hardware keystore
Open Windows Settings, navigate to Devices, find the Ledger device and remove the device. Unplug the device and then plug it back in
Any issues, feel free to report via any ZClassic channels (Email, Telegram, Discord) listed on our website at; http://zclassic.org/