Study Suggests Commercial Drones Realize ROI in One Year or Less
A 2018 study by Skyward technologies, showcases a dazzling future for the commercial drone industry. It’s one rife with global growth and opportunity across multiple industries.
According to the studies findings, one in 10 companies with revenues of $50 million or more use drones today. Even more impressive is that 92% of those companies experienced a positive ROI on their drone investment in just one year — and in some cases less.
Adoption rates vary from industry to industry, with construction and engineering leading the pack, followed by government applications.
“In the last two years since the FAA passed Part 107, we’ve seen drone use accelerate across small businesses and multinational firms, and watched our customers build drone programs into sophisticated operations that increase efficiency, worker safety, and access to data,” said Mariah Scott, President, Skyward
- About half of surveyed respondents reported that their company’s bottom line would suffer if their company did not use drones.
- A majority of respondents realized a positive ROI on their investment in one year or less.
- Drone adoption is highest in the construction and engineering industry, followed by government.
- Four in five companies expect their drone flights to increase year over year.
- Three in four expect to increase spending on their drone program over the next 12 months
To learn more visit www.appliedaeronautics.com