Aberdeen, UK QA Ltd (Apprenticeships)
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an exciting and vibrant environment. Here, you get to earn and learn. Apply now!
You will be working for…
A company based in Aberdeen, that was founded in 2002. The company is one of the largestprocessors in the northeast of Scotland and produces over 50 tonnes of white fish fillets and portions, 65 tonnes of salmon fillets and 25 tonnes of salmon portions per week. It is also a significant employer, with around 250 staff.
The company has worked hard to develop long term relationships with all its suppliers and is committed to only sourcing sustainable seafood. Buying daily from Peterhead and other Scottish markets, we aim to deliver the highest quality products.
Be part of QA’s 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK’s tech explosion!
In this role, you will…
Be responsible but not limited to the following:
- Reception duties for technical dept.
- Interaction with customer and suppliers
- Completion and verification of technical documentation
- Filing of paperwork/ control of documentation/ archiving etc.
- Maintenance of technical documentation, using Office based programs
- Generating documentation for technical department
- Data trending
- Minute taking at both Company and departmental meetings
- Stock control/ ordering for Technical department
Starts with a 12–14 month Digital Applications apprenticeship, which consists of training in small groups and work-based assessment, covering: Presentation Software, Front end website content development, Introduction to office systems and Image and video editing.
You will gain a Diploma in Digital Application Support at SCQF6' and a certificate for ‘Modern Apprenticeship in Digital Applications at SCQF6’. This is a fantastic opportunity to start a long and rewarding career in Digital Applications.
Who should apply…
The ideal candidate will be…
- Someone with excellent administration skills and excellent IT skills — Word / Excel
- Strong communication skills & good telephone manner
- Focussed on customer service
- Resourceful and organised
- Someone with a high attention to detail as well as having accurate record keeping skills and quality control checks
- A team player, with the ability to work on their own initiative and contribute positively to the network team & our objectives
- Someone with 5 standards (Level 1–3) OR 5 National Level 5 grades, both qualifications including Maths and English
Other Important Information…
Daily working hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am-5:30pm
What happens when I complete my apprenticeship…
You will have an excellent opportunity here, with possible future progression.
It only takes a minute to apply for a Digital Applications apprenticeship with QA and begin your Digital Applications apprenticeship career with great prospects today.
QA’s apprenticeship programmes are part-funded by ESF. The ESF is Europe’s main instrument for supporting jobs, helping people get better jobs and ensuring fairer job opportunities for all EU citizens.
Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.