Eleventy Material Kit Pro — The latest prototype developed by AppSeed
We are glad to announce the latest static site boilerplate prototyped in the AppSeed platform:
- Eleventy (11ty), a trendy tool in SSG area — 3.4k Github Stars used as the underline boilerplate layer
- Material Kit Pro, crafted by Creative-Tim agency for the presentation layer. We succeed to migrate this amazing BS4 UI Kit to Nunjucks templating and based on the feedback received from developers, we plan to migrate this UI kit to other templating engines supported by Eleventy: Liquid, Handlebars, Mustache.
As mention before, all pages are migrated to the Nunjucks templating and starting a new project with this boilerplate is an easy task, even for young and inexperienced programmers.
What is Eleventy (11ty)
- Eleventy can be easily integrated into existing projects, based on his flexible configuration.
- Most static site generators use a single type for the source files: Markdown is probably the most popular, Liquid, Handlebars .. etc. Well, Eleventy supports many formats and the developer can choose the type is most comfortable with.
- Being a part of the NPM ecosystem, any compatible Node.js module can be used along with Eleventy.
In case you didn’t use it before, might be a good idea to play a little with this SSG.