1.A P Singh appointed interim head of India Post Payments Bank
- The Union Government has appointed A P Singh as the interim Managing Director and CEO of India Post Payments Bank (IPPB), floated by the postal department.
- He is a 1986 batch Indian Postal Service officer.
- He was the joint secretary of the Department of Investment and Public Asset Management and has served as the deputy director general in-charge of financial inclusion and payment systems in the founding team of UIDAI.
2.Cabinet approves Udaan scheme till 2019–20
• Udaan provides exposure to the youth of Jammu and Kashmir to the best of corporate India .
• 67 leading corporates have partnered with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) under Udaan with a commitment to train youth from the state covering Organized Retail, Banking, Financial Services, IT, ITES, Infrastructure, Hospitality etc.
3.Alibaba’s financial arm acquires MoneyGram
• “The acquisition of MoneyGram is a significant milestone in our mission to bring inclusive financial services to users around the world.”
• Eric Jing, chief executive officer of Ant Financial Services Group in a statement last night.
4. Sebi cautions investors against unauthorised fundraising
• Sebi has cautioned investors against unlisted firms issuing securities without complying with the market norms.
• It advised investors to ensure that the companies seeking to raise funds have filed offer documents or applications with stock exchanges for listing.
5. Metal prices to climb in 2017: World Bank
• “Metal prices are projected to increase by 11 per cent in 2017 due to tightening markets for most metals .
• “The largest gains are expected in zinc (27 per cent) and lead (18 per cent) due to mine supply constraints brought on by permanent and discretionary closures.
• Double-digit gains are also expected for copper, nickel, and tin.”
The post Banking Awareness 31st January 2017 | Financial Affairs 31st January 2017. appeared first on Exambin | Social Competitive Learning.
Originally published on Wordpress