It’s 25 pages a day.
For me, it’s 50 pages a day. I liked this idea so much that it became a resolution for the New Year. Now to make it a habit, which is harder to do if not scheduling it in.
As for books I want to read for fun, my partial list overlaps on the Caro books and The Wealth of Nations. However, I would also include:
- Rana Mitter’s history of the Sino-Japan theatre of World War II, when China was fighting on its own against Japan, at least four years before the U.S. was attacked.
- Margaret Thatcher’s biography by Charles Moore
- Ron Chernow’s biography of Alexander Hamilton
- Canada and the End of the Imperial Dream
- David McCullough’s book about the Wright Brothers
It’s a short list right now, but I trust I’ll add more, both through book reviews I find and any recommendations passed on to me.