WALMART (WMT): Quick result update
- Walmart: 2% increase in annual dividends ($2.04) .
- 29% increase in E-commerce sales courtesy Jet.com.
- Fourth-quarter earnings fell 18 percent as results have been squeezed by investments in online upgrades and stores.
- Same store sales up 1.9% and foot traffic up 1.4%
- The results did beat Wall Street expectations.
The causes for lag:
- Total sales were hurt by a stronger U.S. dollar, which is making its international business more challenging.
- Amidst new tax rules, slowing tax refunds Walmart’s sales weaken at the beginning of the first quarter.