31 Reasons Why It’s Imperative You Attend the Inside/Outside Innovation Summit
In 29 days, people from all over the world will be converging on Lincoln, Nebraska for the Inside/Outside Innovation Summit. In 31 days you may be kicking yourself for not attending.
- We are living in an exponential world. Technology is laying waste to old, established ways, industry after industry. How are you dealing with the technology tsunamis such as artificial intelligence, internet-of-things, self-driving cars, the blockchain, and countless other technologies and business models likely to impact your business? It’s hard to keep up. Get a crash course and learn first hand from some of the people and companies making waves in an exponential world.
- If you and your company are not actively investing in innovation, you’re falling behind. It’s true. 72% of the executives in a recent PwC benchmark survey said they’re not out-innovating their competitors. Are you one of them? How are you going to close that gap? Simple. Spend a couple of immersive days with some of the best and brightest in the world of innovation coming to share, work, and collaborate. Get up to speed quickly and learning some of the latest trends and tactics for open, collaborative innovation inside and outside your organization.
- From the same PwC survey; “Innovative companies aren’t going it alone. Instead, they’re pushing the boundaries of innovation both inside and outside their organizations by breaking down traditional barriers, tapping a much wider ecosystem for ideas, insights, talent, and technology, and incorporating the customer throughout the innovation process.” Come to #InnovateTogether.
- Get your entire team on the same page and in short order. Take advantage of our group ticket packages to get your innovators, intrapreneurs, and management innovating together.
- Explore new techniques and tactics for accelerating growth. Learn about new models for innovation beyond the traditional R&D path, such as open innovation, Lean Startup, design thinking, and co-creation with partners, customers, and suppliers.
- Visit the startup showcase and see 40 new startups from around the world actively building new businesses, new technologies, and new ways to disrupt traditional business models. Talk to founders. Explore connections and collaborations.
- Expand your network of talent. Where else are you going to find a concentration of movers, shakers, makers, founders, builders, doers?
- Learn what it takes to hire for innovation from Nicole Rufuku, CEO & Cofounder of Bonsai Hiring and Author of the upcoming book Hiring for the Innovation Economy: Three Steps to Improve Performance and Diversity.
- Watch a startup pitch competition where one company will receive a $120k investment from our corporate partners. One startup will also receive an LNK Launch Grant of $25k for moving or expanding their operations in Lincoln.
- Get matched with people and companies you’re interested in meeting. Sponsors and startups will have an active startup matchmaking program designed to establish and expand connections between people and companies.
- Hear about The Science of Growth from the author, entrepreneur, and current head of Carnegie Mellon’s Corporate Startup Lab, Sean Ammirati. Attendees will have an opportunity to grab a copy and Sean will be signing copies as well.
- Have some in-depth, tactical conversations at our moderated Table Talks. Folks from Suiter Swantz, Optimist, Nelnet, MethodMark, and others will be hosting discussions on a variety of topics from Intellectual Property to Agile Marketing.
- Mingle, mix and network at the Opening party at Rule G on May 29th, 8:00pm-11:00pm. It’s open to the public and promises to be an excellent opportunity to meet some folks before the kickoff of the Summit on May 30th.
- If you’re a VIP ticket holder, join us at the speaker/sponsor reception, hosted by Hudl at their new gorgeous building in the West Haymarket.
- Level-up your skills on customer validation, experimentation, design thinking, and lean startup techniques with speakers like David Bland, founder of Precoil and one of the early leaders in the world of Lean Startup.
- Learn more about AQ (Adaptability Quotient) and why it’s becoming as important as IQ and EQ in the changing workforce needs and requirements from Silicon Valley Bank’s Natalie Fratto.
- Come early and stay late to get your co-work on at FUSE. All badge holders have free coworking during the conference. Plus, finish up the conference at the Closing Party hosted at FUSE on May 31st following the pitch competition.
- Get a different worldview of innovation from Australia’s own Steve Glaveski, Co-Founder, and CEO of Collective Campus, a corporate innovation hub, school, and consultancy based in Australia that works with companies around the globe to unlock their latent potential and create more impact for humanity. Steve will be talking about The Business Case Alternative: How to Support Disruptive Innovation at a Large Company.
- Grab a copy of the new book “Making Progress: The 7 Responsibilities of the Innovation Leader and hear from its author, Ryan Jacoby.
- Find out how software is changing the way startups, corporates, and ecosystems match and collaborate to solve world-changing challenges with Startgrid’s founder Peter Gardner.
- Learn how cities and ecosystems are embracing collaborative innovation from Cincinnati’s Wendy Lea, CEO of Cintrifuse, a public-private partnership designed to build a tech-based economy in the Greater Cincinnati Region.
- Score with Jack Elkins, Co-Founder of the Orlando Magic Innovation Lab where he leads the NBA team’s innovation initiatives and created one of the first Innovation Labs in pro-sports.
- Find out how FinTech giant is approaching innovation with Sunayna Tuteja, Head of Strategic Partnerships & Innovation at TD Ameritrade.
- Get some context to the next wave of innovation when you listen to SapientRazorfish’s, Jeremy Lockhorn. Jeremy has served a wide variety of roles during his 20-year tenure. The common thread is a focus on what’s next — helping the company and its client base find, understand, and take advantage of the next wave of technology. Hear his talk Welcome to the 4th Industrial Revolution.
- Hear about how Asia Pacific is impacting the startup, technology, and innovation scene with Bernard Moon, Co-founder & Partner at SparkLabs Group, a network of startup accelerators and venture capital funds that have invested in over 160 companies since 2013. It is the leading startup accelerator operations in APAC with programs in Seoul, Taipei, Beijing, Hong Kong, Sydney, and others.
- If you’re into the future of emerging media and education, you’ll want to catch up with Megan Elliott. Megan is the founding Director of the Johnny Carson Center for Emerging Media Arts — an interdisciplinary program at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln, which addresses the relationship between technology, creativity, and entrepreneurship. Made possible by a $20M investment from the Johnny Carson Foundation, the Center will produce transformative creative leaders by building the ultimate student-centered program where every graduate is able to realize their dream job or raise money to start their dream company — right out of school.
- Are Strategics the New Angels? Learn from Bart Foster — Managing Director of Sanitas Advisors on how to accelerate revenue & profits through strategic partnerships. Hear stories about how Bart has built several businesses leveraging the resources, capital, and expertise of strategic partners including Novartis, Proctor & Gamble, Walmart, Anthem Blue Cross-Blue Shield, and RedBox.
- Embrace the power of the crowd with Andrew Erlick, Director of Innovation Solutions, Enterprise at Indiegogo, the largest global crowdfunding platform that has helped entrepreneurs worldwide raise over $1 billion since 2008. As Director of Innovation Solutions, Enterprise, he collaborates with major corporations, such as Procter & Gamble, Bose, Whirlpool, Sony, Honeywell and many other Fortune 500 companies to help their product development teams gauge market demand, drive revenue for new products prior to full-scale production, and gather consumer insights.
- Get real and tactical with 500 Startups mentor and innovation consultant Andi Plantenberg as she talks about what it takes for companies to operate more like startups — creating competencies in experimentation, validated learning, rapid prototyping and entrepreneurial management.
- Local Lincoln founder and innovation ecosystem builder, Doug Durham — Co-Founder & CTO of Don’t Panic Labs will be speaking about alternative approaches to executing corporation innovation projects.
- Spend time with emcee of the I/O Summit and Chief Creative Officer at Firespring, Christopher Kingsley. Christopher has almost 20 years of experience in digital strategy, production and development. His background includes ACD/strategist at Archrival, entertainment at Club Med, private banking at Morgan Stanley, and founder of immersive media company Roundus and internationally award-winning digital agency 42, which merged with Firespring in 2015.
So there you have it, just a few of the reasons why you don’t want to miss your chance to be a part of the premier event in the Midwest and beyond when it comes to collaborative innovation.
Grab a ticket today at https://theiosummit.com/tickets
I’m excited to host this event to help individuals and organizations understand the innovation imperative facing us today and how they can use collaborative innovation to accelerate growth and learn to compete in a changing world. I’ll be speaking more about the IO Imperative and the new launch of InsideOutside.io, our podcast, and our growing network of innovators. Stay tuned and join us!
Hosted by the Inside/Outside Innovation podcast team and led by Brian Ardinger, CEO of NXXT, the Inside/Outside Innovation Summit is a 2-day national conference that will bring together high-growth startups, corporate innovators and community leaders to collide and engage with new startups, new technologies, new business models and new talent. It will also feature hands-on learning sessions and an investment pitch competition.
For more information or to register go to https://www.theiosummit.com