RECIPE — THE BEST KASHMIRI CHICKEN PULAO YOU’LL EVER TASTE
The Kashmiri Chicken Pulao has been the highlight of the menu of many restaurants across the world for decades and rightly so! This specialty pulao is something which will please anyone and everyone. Although it looks complex, it is quite simple and you can prepare it within 1 hour and 10 minutes. So let’s get started!
- 500 gm Basmati Rice
- 6–7 chicken thighs
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp mace
- 3–4 cinnamon sticks
- 3–4 pods of green cardamom
- 5–6 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1 finely sliced ginger
- Few black pepper corns
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 5–6 raisins
- 2 tbsp desi ghee
- 2 tsp coriander seed powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Cooking oil
- Salt to taste
- Take 500 gm basmati rice. Wash the rice and soak it in water for 20 minutes.
- Take 6–7 chicken thighs and cut them up into even sized smaller pieces. Wash all the pieces with water. Drain the excess water.
- Take one cup of yogurt and add 1 tsp chilli powder, 3 tsp coriander seed powder, 1 tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp black pepper powder and some salt to taste.
- Whisk the yogurt for a while and then set it aside.
- Now take a pan and in it heat 2 tbsp desi ghee along with 4–5 cloves of chopped garlic, 5–6 cloves and 1 cup sliced onions. Sauté the mixture.
- To the mixture, add finely chopped ginger and 5–6 chopped green chillies. Sauté the mixture again.
- Now add the whisked yogurt to the mixture and sauté.
- Cook the mixture for around 2 minutes. Specs of fat will appear. When it happens, add the chicken pieces and some salt to taste.
- Cook it again for a minute and then add 2 cups of water. Leave it to boil. Add enough water to cook the rice.
- Let it simmer for a few minutes.
- When the chicken is properly cooked, add the basmati rice to it and cook further.
- As the Basmati Rice is fragile, stir the mixture gently so that they don’t break.
- Voila! Your Kashmiri Chicken Pulao is ready! Savour it hot and be creative with the garnishing.
The original version of this recipe is posted here: https://goo.gl/EePxYc