Nerdnote from Selvie Salim
Good time management can avoid us from doing extra unnecessary hours of work. In practice, many people work in the reactive mode. Interruptions come every minute and not one task is completed as scheduled. Few things must be corrected are:
- Reactive mode
Employees do not plan their day. Make a to-do list is not enough, because without time management those things listed will not be accomplished on time and on track. Interruption can cause one to lose minutes, and lose other minutes again trying to get back where he was at his work and try to grasp the concentration again.
- No formal meeting or growth structure
When there is no formal meeting dedicated to all employees with the managers to discuss pending problems and other essential matters, the likelihood of coming interruptions is bigger.
There are a few things can be done to overcome the above problems:
- Proactive mode
Employees sets to-do list on schedules, even for miscellaneous things like quick meeting, questioning and answering. Everything is arranged on specific time to achieve the daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Arrange regular formal meetings at appointed time
1. Weekly meeting is to be hold with discipline within department or within one whole company.
2. Questions from other employees and oneself should be hold until they meet again in a formal meeting, unless the matter has some urgency that cannot wait or solved by oneself at the moment.
3. Ideas that comes up and need brainstorming are discussed during formal meeting only.
4. Every task is set with deadline, so every time they hold a meeting no pending questions comes after meeting.
5. Quick formal meeting is held once a day
- Make personal and company agendas
Employees are set to meet in a formal meeting once a week with specific agendas set in advance for the week ahead.
Six steps to transform the company:
1. Touch it once, take action.
2. List the six most important task.
3. Plan how much time allocated for each task.
4. Plan when we are going to do the task.
5. Prioritize and do the most important thing first.
6. Cut off all unnecessary task to do.