Why are the Tam-Brahmins, the most hated group in India?
I encountered this question recently on my Quora Feed. So, I thought to share it with you.
Frankly! I should say, I have never met a Tam-Brahmin…knowingly, at least. Now that your question regarding Tam-Brahmins is concerned, I don’t think anyone, who is sane enough to hate any other guy, on the basis of their caste, creed, sex or religion. Not at least in contemporary India.
- The hatred, which you are talking of, is a staled-layer-of-lingering-hatred; which had been bequeathed from generations-to-generations in the lower rungs of society. This hatred was due to the unjustified discrimination faced by the lower rungs. And this hatred can’t be just eliminated in a day’s run.
- Another rationale in the backdrop of this hatred is emergence of communist parties like CPI and CPI-M, infused with the ideas of Marxism, Leninism and other -isms, are injecting this feeling of detest towards upper rungs. Not only they are against the idea of a society with a tiara of brahmins, but every other conservative idea, tradition and norm. Now, these parties have a significant presence in South, which explains the aforementioned.
In North India, the condition is not that worse, because:-
- You won’t find Tam-Brahmins
- Less influence of communism
- Of course! the advent of moderninty
All these things are gradually waning the generalized hatred towards Brahmin Faction. The Quota-System is also playing its pertinent role now, to make the ground even; Well! hitherto. But that’s a story for another day, eh?
Originally posted on www.tellyourstories.in
Subscribe for such out-of-the-box yet amazing stuffs for weekly feed https://upscri.be/16e30e/