It’s Getting Cold — 5 Reasons that People Still Need Spray Tanning in Winter
If you run a spray tanning business, you’ve probably noticed a recent drop-off in the number of clients you have and the number of spray tan supplies you’ve had to order. There’s obviously a reason for this: it’s getting colder and many people feel that spray tanning is unnecessary when no one will be seeing their skin for the next few months. Despite this fact, there’s still a market for spray tanning during fall, winter and early spring, you just have to advertise it right and try to draw people in. With that in mind, here are several reasons we at Artesian Tan think that people will want your services during this time of year:
- They’re already starting to pale, and pale is not a good look for them — Some people don’t just pale, they get sallow, anemic, and appear rather corpse-like. And while that might be a great look for Halloween, it’s no fun for regular days. These people will benefit from keeping a healthy glow all year.
- They want to look good at holiday get-togethers — Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s mean a lot of family gatherings, bashes, and work parties — and, often, nicer outfits that show a bit more skin than the average sweater. With most other people in the room taking on the hue of the snow outside, individuals can stand out by having at tan at these events. Also, a tan may allow people to wear colors that would not be flattering to their normal winter complexions.
- They want to look like they just got back from the beach — Some people hate the fact that it gets cold in winter and prefer to look and feel as though it’s summer all year round. However, not all of these people can afford a Caribbean vacation around the holidays. The good news is that they can relive summer every time they look in the mirror with a spray tan. And who doesn’t love being asked where they went when showing up to that holiday party with a gorgeous glow? If these customers tell people about your services, all the better!
- They’re heading to the tropics — On the other hand, if clients are actually headed to warmer climes, they may not want to show up looking like they reflect the sunlight. Sure, they can get a tan when they’re in Aruba, but who wants to look pasty and have all their veins showing those first couple of days that they are finally able to wear a bikini? Also, it’s safer to get a spray tan and then slather on the suntan lotion and skip laying out when actually traveling. With very little sun exposure in the months leading up to this trip, most people will burn easily, making a spray tan the safer option.
- They’re trying to find unique holiday gifts — You won’t convince everyone that a spray tan is a necessary thing in winter, but it couldn’t hurt to remind them that the holidays are coming. People who are looking for personal and distinctive presents can always give the gift of spray tanning to someone who will appreciate it come March or April. That means some revenue for you now, and possibly a new future client!
Get some use out of your spray tan machine this winter! The above are great points you can use in your off-season marketing campaign, but don’t forget to offer special discounts and promotions as well. These tactics can remind people of your services when they might not otherwise be thinking about them.