Insomnia is a beautiful cross-platform application for organizing, running and debugging HTTP requests.
- Easy for switch between environments with separated variables
- Ability to reference response values of other requests
- Generate code snippets to almost any language your want
- Unlimited installations with Free plan
- Available for Mac/Windows/Linux App and Google Chrome extension
- Open source!
- Less users than Postman so there’re fewer knowledges on the internet
- Cannot run group of requests, please see Postman’s collection run
Let’s start with create environments by press
cmd + E
Then puts environment variables as JSON data there
After that you can switch between environments to test your APIs
Let’s try simple request by input URL from environment variables
You can reference environment variables by using the Nunjucks template syntax or select one from suggested list
then input parameters and press
Finally! we got the JSON response \o/.
For more usage please see documentation page.
Download now and have fun :).