I think there are four distinct joys in the early stages of building a company.
- When you build and launch a product that works
- The first time you sign up a customer who pays you to use your product
- The first time you realize (and accept) that the first customer wasn’t an exception and that others want it too!
- When you realize that you need to hire many more folks, smarter than you, to take the company forward
With TruckSumo, we’ve just experienced #4. It is an incredible feeling to know that more people are going to join us and take our project to the next level. That’s a really long-winded way of saying WE ARE HIRING.
My co-founders and I spend a lot of time thinking about the next wave of partners we want to hire. Here is the kind of person we want on our team.
- Solutions over problems — You don’t stop at identifying a problem. You identify the root causes and come up with a well-thought out plan to solve the problem.
- Impact — You consistently accomplish amazing amounts of important work.
- Involved — You take time to understand the business. You rally behind good ideas and question bad decisions. People respect your work and opinions.
- Courage — You understand that difficult decisions are agonizing because of a choice between two seemingly bad alternatives. You have the courage to pick a side and see it through.
If this sounds like you, we want you. All our roles are listed at www.trucksumo.com/careers
If you know others who fit the bill, refer them to us. We have an awesome “crowdsourcing” referral program at www.trucksumo.com/careers/refer
As a young startup, every single referral you make will go farther than anything we do. So, thank you for helping us out.