Disney’s Bob Iger named to President-elect Donald Trump’s advisory group
President-elect Donald Trump has named Walt Disney Co. Chief Executive Bob Iger to a new advisory group, according to a press release.
The President’s Strategic and Policy Forum would meet “frequently” to advise Trump on economic matters.
Blackstone CEO Steve Schwarzman will lead the 16-member team comprised of business heavyweights.
“The Forum, which is composed of some of America’s most highly respected and successful business leaders, will be called upon to meet with the president frequently to share their specific experience and knowledge as the president implements his plan to bring back jobs and Make America Great Again,” the release said.
Others to join Schwarzman and Iger include General Motors Chief Executive Mary Barra; JPMorgan Chase & Co. CEO Jamie Dimon; and IBM CEO Ginni Rometty.
Members will provide Trump with information on economic growth, job creation and productivity.
The group’s first meeting is scheduled for the first week of February at The White House.
Here’s a full list of the people named to the forum:
• Stephen A. Schwarzman (Forum Chairman), Chairman, CEO, and Co-Founder of Blackstone;
• Paul Atkins, CEO, Patomak Global Partners, LLC, Former Commissioner of the Securities and Exchange Commission;
• Mary Barra, Chairman and CEO, General Motors;
• Toby Cosgrove, CEO, Cleveland Clinic;
• Jamie Dimon, Chairman and CEO, JPMorgan Chase & Co;
• Larry Fink, Chairman and CEO, BlackRock;
• Bob Iger, Chairman and CEO, The Walt Disney Company;
• Rich Lesser, President and CEO, Boston Consulting Group;
• Doug McMillon, President and CEO, Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.;
• Jim McNerney, Former Chairman, President, and CEO, Boeing;
• Adebayo “Bayo” Ogunlesi, Chairman and Managing Partner, Global Infrastructure Partners;
• Ginni Rometty, Chairman, President, and CEO, IBM;
• Kevin Warsh, Shepard Family Distinguished Visiting Fellow in Economics, Hoover Institute, Former Member of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System;
• Mark Weinberger, Global Chairman and CEO, EY;
• Jack Welch, Former Chairman and CEO, General Electric;
• Daniel Yergin, Pulitzer Prize-winner, Vice Chairman of IHS Markit;