Trump’s Key Messages Today
What Trump said today in his presser (or what I heard):
- I’m way in over my head.
- I hate this job.
- I need to find a way out of this job. Without going to jail.
- Russia’s got me. But ending sanctions against them, which was my end of the bargain, will be tough.
- If I go down, I’m bringing the media down with me. Or I will at least try.
- I would like to try to fix some of the problems in the country I see and do care about them, but doing so in a democracy is more than I can handle. I don’t have the patience, I don’t do well with dissent, compromise or perseverance when the outcome doesn’t benefit me directly. Which it won’t. Because I don’t have time. Because Russia.
- The Russia connections will never stop hanging over my head this entire presidency — blame the media! They will prevent me from getting anything accomplished.
- This is all a big game to me. In some sort of perverted sense, all of this controversy is great fun.I love press conferences and scruffing with the media. Until my mood sours or changes. Then…they all suck again. Except Fox & Friends.
- I’m not really a serious enough person to take on this job and do it successfully — hence Bannon, etc.
- I’m not really a White nationalist. Or am I? I’m confused.
- I’d much rather spend my afternoons bullshitting in the restaurant at Mar-a-Lago, with people who have paid a great deal to hear it!
- Mitch McConnell and Paul Ryan — necessary evils! They get what they want (tax cuts, repeal Obamacare, SCOTUS justice), I get what I want (end Russian sanctions). But Mitch is pushing back on my agenda! Damn! I’m stuck.
- This is all a big joke to me! I wish it was make believe on TV!
- I’m blocking out all the actual damage I’m causing every day.
- I want to keep America safe. Safe = control. And I love control! Despite the collateral damage keeping America safe will cause — it’s making me feel like i’m in control at least.
- Damn I hope my presidency doesn’t get us into war. But it might. And it might be very, very bad. But if it happens, it won’t be my fault. At least I know that much.