Causes of Cancer and Getting them Treated Naturally through Immunotherapy
The perils of Cancer
Cancer is a condition generated by an abnormal cell growth in a particular body part. It has a tendency to spread rapidly throughout the body, affecting other body parts and organs, causing the cells to die.
Severe bone pain, formation of lumps, abnormal bleeding, prolonged cough, etc., are some of the many health debilitating troubles arising from cancer. These effects are known gradually to grow worse if the cancer is left untreated and also spread in numbers throughout other body parts
Approximately, 14.1 million new cases of cancer are reported to occur every year worldwide and are noted to cause about 8.8 million deaths (15.7% of deaths). From children under the age of 15 to adults over 50, all are vulnerable to the effects of cancer.
Types and causes of cancer
Cancer is known to originate from a particular body part or organ. While the causes do not aptly point to a particular source, there can be a number of possibilities.
- Smoking — Smoking tobacco is known to be one of the primary causes linked with lung cancer. A typical tobacco smoke is known to contain over fifty known carcinogens, nitrosamines, and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, all of which deter the lungs and are known to cause cancer.
Commonly associated cancer — Lung cancer, throat cancer
- Consuming alcohol — Imbibing alcohol in copious amounts is known to be one of the chief causes of various cancer-related conditions. This is due to the fact that ethanol contained in alcohol is converted to acetaldehyde in the body, through a chain of chemical reactions. Acetaldehyde is noted to be highly toxic and when in large amounts, it expedites the growth of cells abnormally, or even damages the DNA.
Commonly associated cancer — Mouth cancer, Throat cancer, bowel cancer, liver cancer
- Chemical exposure — Being constantly in the presence of chemicals in a chemical plant, is one of the most common causes of cancer in the body. Chemicals, whether you inhale it or have your skin exposed to them, they are highly detrimental. Benzene, beryllium, asbestos, vinyl chloride, and arsenic are known human carcinogens, they are highly harmful, and should be avoided coming in contact with them.
Commonly associated cancer — Skin cancer, lung cancer, heart cancer, brain cancer
- Improper dietary habits and obesity — Obesity is known to be one of the major causes of cancer. Over body weight is known to negatively affect the immune system and the endocrine glands, causing various cancerous conditions.
Commonly associated cancer — Colon cancer, bowel cancer, liver cancer, gastric cancer
- Genetic effects — Due to a damage in the DNA structure due to the parent bearing cancer, it is often passed on to the child. Primarily resulting from breast cancer and/or ovarian cancer, genetic cancer is responsible for more than 75% of the Cancer cases worldwide.
Commonly associated cancer — Affected person is equally susceptible to any of the cancer types.
Immunotherapy — A treatment for cancer with zero side-effects
Immunotherapy is a revolutionary new treatment for cancer. It employs the use of various chemical substances manufactured by the body to amplify and enhance the body's immune systems which destroy cancerous tumor growths and significantly control the growth and spread of the condition. The efficacy of the immune systems is said to be boosted by 20–30% here, and help in providing a cancer-free period.
Treating cancer through immunotherapy
As mentioned before, immunotherapy maintains a cancer-free body by stimulating the body's immune systems using various chemical substances manufactured by the body. Here are some of the treatments and procedures in undergoing immunotherapy –
Monoclonal antibodies — In this treatment, monoclonal antibodies are injected into the patient’s body. These antibodies mimic the effect of the body immune system and provide surplus antibody immunization cells that attach themselves to cancer cells and help fight them off.
Non-Specific Immunotherapies- Non-specific immunotherapies do not target the cancer cells. They only stimulate the body's immune system, to enhance the hormone development response of cancer cells.
Cancer vaccines — Cancer vaccines are used for either treating cancer patients or preventing them from occurring. These are generally divided into two categories based on this –
- Treatment vaccines — These vaccines are administered to treat cancer patients through immunotherapy. They augment the patient’s natural immune systems, to destroy the various cancer antigens and cells while also strengthen the body’s autoimmune response system.
- Prevention vaccines — Like vaccines for other diseases, these Cancer vaccines are given to people with no cancer in order to vaccinate them and prevent future cancer outbreaks. An assortment of different preventive vaccines is administered for different regions in the body to prevent cancerous growth.
Getting cancer treatment in India
India is renowned to have many cancer treatment medical facilities with all the latest and high-tech equipment. Anti-cancer treatments of all manners are effectively administered to the patients. Opting for the best cancer hospital in India and get subsequent cancer treatment through the best cancer specialist in India is not too far off.