Askedoo: What the heck is it?
A new way to Q & A — that’s what
The Overall Features
What is Askedoo:
· Askedoo is a live streaming question and answer app
· It lets people solve problems in real time through community help and community knowledge
How it Works:
· An asker broadcasts a question they have. For example, “How do I take apart my computer?”
· Experts (that’s what we call folks who answer questions) go into the live broadcast and participate in a real time chat with other experts
· The Askedoo community works together to solve the question at hand
· Public chats are uploaded to YouTube for anyone to check out
· And voila — you’ve entered in a question and answer revolution
An Added Layer:
· If an expert in the chat is particularly knowledgeable, the asker can opt to go one-on-one for more detail on their burning question
· For a small price, askers will get their questions answers
· For their time and help, answers will get compensated and rated (hopefully well!)
· It’s a win-win system
· Profiles are your personal record-keepers
· You can review all of incoming and outgoing activity: Stars, high-fives, announcements, revenue, time spent asking questions, and time spent answering questions
What’s with the Ratings?
· Stars & High-fives: who doesn’t love that?
· Stars: these little guys are given to people who’ve answered questions one-on-one — they are the asker’s review of his or her overall experience
Example: An asker chose to go one-on-one for your expertise on how to do a fishtail braid. If they were satisfied with their experience, they can give you up to four stars.
· High-fives: these are people’s approval of your comments in the live chat — think of them as a ‘like’ in social media. The more, the better!
Example: An asker asks, “How do I get a passport,” and you respond in the live chat with detailed instructions. If the asker likes your response, they can high-five your comment to let you know.
Settings & Such
· Askedoo will use both your name and a username of your choice for added security and identification
· You can change your name, username and password at any given time
· Askedoo offers monetary compensation for one-on-one chats through a secure account
· There are no refunds, so be sure you want to get expert advice
· You will never be charged for a transaction that you did not verify yourself
· Notifications can be managed within your settings
· Favorite Channels (to ensure you are getting content you want to see) are available for selection here
· You’re able to give Askedoo insight in our Feedback tab
· You can view and unblock Blocked Users
· Legal language is available for review
· You can Logout here as well
· Askedoo is happy to upload completed live streams to Youtube for people outside of the Askedoo community to watch if they ever have similar questions
· Help us spread our mission to answer peoples’ questions by sharing on Facebook and Twitter!