8 Things you Must Try on your First Visit to Harare
Shopping, exploration of the natural scenery as well as relaxing spa is a perfect way of enjoying your trip to Harare. If this is all you want on your trip, you would love being in Harare, Zimbabwe. Plenty of other things you would love to do here only that can’t be found anywhere else in the world. It’s worth spending on a tour to Zimbabwe, especially when you want to roam in and around Harare.
1. Go Skiing on Lake Chivero: When planning to practice something adventurous, this is the best way of trying skiing for a thrilling experience on Lake Chivero. It is approx. 30kms west of Harare and a perfect location for water skiing, boating, and tubing.
2. Visit Wild is Life: Do you love animals? Head to Wild is Life to get closer to nature’s lovely creatures. Go closer to nature and dare to face the lions and cheetahs, monkeys, kudus, pangolins and giraffes throughout your exploration in this sanctuary. This place is very popular for the welfare of rescued and orphaned animals.
3. Try Once Eating at Butcher’s Kitchen: For all the non-vegetarians, there is almost everything sumptuous available at the Butcher’s kitchen in Sam levy’s village. You would get a huge option of the meats and cuts to choose from. Here at this superb non-veg place, you will be spoilt for your choice that chefs will serve you with perfection.
4. Plan a Game Drive at Thetford Game Reserve: Plan for an entertaining afternoon at the Thetford Game Reserve. It’s almost 40 minutes drive from Harare. The reserve is located in the Mazowe valley that gives you an opportunity to explore a variety of wildlife and a large number of bird species.
5. Mukuvisi Woodlands for Horseback Riding: This is a very beautiful location, situated just 30 minutes outside the Harare. You can do various walks here that you can do in woodlands. But you won’t get a better experience than a ride on the horseback. Also, there are so many animals can be encountered here including giraffe, rhino and elephants as well.
6. Sam Levy’s Village-A Shopper’s Paradise: If you are a passionate shopper, head straight to Sam Levy’s Village which is situated on Borrowdale Road in Harare. This is a renowned shopping center which is designed in such a manner that gives a look of the old European village where shoppers would love to walk along the brick pavement while shopping from the stores.
7. The Most Entertaining Sculpture Park: Plan a visit to Chapungu Sculpture Park which is spread over 20-acre area. This park is spread on the outskirts of Harare that bring awareness of sculpting to the public by promoting stone sculptors from Zimbabwe.
8. Go Fishing at Darwendale Dam: Relax amid the nature’s scenic beauty and sit back by fishing at Darwendale Dam. Catch a bass and enjoy its delicious flavor. Darwendale Dam is situated almost 70 kms outside the city and known as the finest fishing spot in the country. You can go for fishing largemouth bass that weighed upto 8.2 kgs.
Go for exploring nature’s pure beauty by booking a flight to Harare. Also, you can compare flights to grab the cheap & best tickets to Harare.