These 25 Indian Podcasts Are Worth Checking Out In 2019
By Umesh Barve, Head of India Content Partnerships at Audioboom
If you’re looking for podcast recommendations in the new year then we have a list for you! This comprehensive list of our favourite Indian podcasts covers has something for everyone — sports, business, current affairs, film reviews, celebrity interviews, comedy, talk shows and storytelling.
Click on the show titles below and subscribe today!
- 3 Things — A flagship new podcast by The Indian Express where hosts talk to in-house experts about what is going on and why you need to care about it.
2. #AakashVani — Hosted by Aakash Chopra, a former International Cricket player and a well-known cricket analyst. This is the absolute go to podcast for all the latest cricket updates.
3. Anupama Chopra Film Review — This one is hosted by film critique, television anchor and author Anupama Chopra. A well-researched, quality podcast for all Bollywood and Hollywood movie lovers.
4. Audiogyan — An Interview/conversational podcast for people interested in Art, Design and Philosophy.
5. Baalgatha — This podcast brings you stories from India and around the world. These are stories from Panchatantra, Jataka stories, and other classic sources.
6. Books That Speak — Short stories for children narrated in English, Hindi, Marathi and Gujrati
7. Culture Chaos: Stories of an Indian abroad — A podcast from a non-resident Indian woman about life abroad, trying to make sense out of different cultural norms and a whole new way of living.
8. Desi Outsiders — A podcast by two young Indian women designed to bring meaningful conversations on relationships, dating, education, and feminism into Indian homes.
9. Ek Kahani Aisi Bhi — An internationally acclaimed series of spine chilling original ghost stories. Best listened to at night, alone and with headphones! Oodles of fun!
10. Film Feud — Long-time friends become enemies each week as they debate whether a film from the IMDB Top 250 deserves be on the list. They feud. You decide.
11. Indian Noir — A fast-paced, edge of your seat crime thriller set in India. It’s written, narrated and produced by Commonwealth Short Story Prize and DWL Story Prize winning writer Nikesh Murali. It includes plot-heavy audio stories with a focus on always delivering a roller-coaster ride of action and thrills.
12. Inside Line F1 Podcast — A weekly podcast hosted by Kunal and Mithila adds humour to the otherwise serious world of Formula 1. Along with humour, the podcast dissects the sport and business of Formula 1.
13. Interviews with Anupama Chopra — Bollywood and Hollywood’s leading actors and film-makers in candid conversation with Anupama Chopra.
14. Kahani Suno — Listen to amazing stories by some of the most celebrated Indian authors, narrated by Sameer Goswami.
15. Lehren Diaries — For all Bollywood fans out there, this podcast brings you enticing titbits of trivia along with an interesting insight into the million-dollar industry.
16. Lehren Small Screen — Want to stay updated with the TV industry? Stay tuned to this podcast, as it provides latest and breaking news on tv serials, reality shows and daily soaps.
17. Moneycontrol Podcast — This podcast is your daily source of business news, investment analysis and advice on stocks and the markets.
18. Movie Wala Podcast — A girl duo picks a movie and talk about their favourite songs, favourite scenes, gossip and why they picked that movie for that category — All served with a side of nostalgia!
19. Passion People Podcast — A series of impromptu conversations about following a passion, making it manifest and what all comes with it.
20. Play to Potential — An amazing podcast by Deepak Jayaraman and his conversation with thought leaders and executives that covers topics around leadership, transitions and careers.
21. Red FM Bauaa — Prank calls made by Delhi’s favourite RJ Raunac as ‘Bauaa’. Great option for binge listening and killing Monday blues!
22. The Bollywood Project — Hosted by two girls who are avid Bollywood fans, this podcast includes reviews of films, discussion of current issues in the industry or affecting the industry, as well as some discussion on gossip.
23. The Big Story — Stay caught up, and never miss an important news update with The Quint’s Big Story Podcast.
24. The Musafir Stories: India Travel Podcast — A podcast that documents Indian travel tales. Each episode shares the journey of travellers in their own words and relive their experience with the listeners.
25. The Taste of India — A podcast focused on quick and tasty Indian recipes along with healthy living tips for people with little to no time for cooking.