I haven’t finished the semester yet, but I wager most of these will remain the same till the end.
1)You will gain weight. Say goodbye to those New Year’s resolutions right now. Cheese? Macaroons? Croissants? No one stands a chance.
2) You will have at least one creepy experience on the metro.
3) You will lose at least one valuable possession — probably by being pick pocketed on the metro.
4) You will not study French as diligently as you thought would.
5) You will not study much, full stop.
6) You will automatically stick your face out for a smooch every time you meet a new person. But it will never stop feeling awkward.
7) You will develop a very strong opinion on your preference of Brie or Camembert.
8) You will make a lot of great friends — almost none of them French.
9) No, you will most likely not become a wine expert. The options in the supermarket aisle will blow your mind the first time you see it — but you will most likely stick to whichever 3euro option is available.
10) Your initial ambitious plan to see all the exhibitions at the Louvre, and every single museum in Paris, will not materialize.
Did I say 10? Well, I missed out the most important one.
11) You will have an amazing, unforgettable, once-in-a-lifetime experience, and the idea of leaving Paris will give you a slight panic attack every time you think about it.
(psst! If you liked the article I’d greatly appreciate it if you clicked “recommend” down below — merci!)