Ways to Make Your Data Secure- Essential Cyber Security Tips
The internet has made the life of humans much easier, but this term easy has become critical now. You can easily save secured data in the cloud or in the system but without proper cyber security, it is much easier to breach and get access to your confidential data.
Cyber crime is the most diverse effect of increasing technologies. Both small scale and large scale business are under the risk of cyber breaches.
Here are the few essential tips for securing your confidential data from cyber breaches: -
· 2FA or Multi-Factor Authentication: — It is an authentication process which requires multiple steps to perform for getting access to the system or data. It is a way of verification where more than one way of authentication in involved. Using ATM card is the simplest example of MFA as here at first the card needs to be swiped and then the password needs to be given.
Simple login id and password system of authentication are traditional and there are various software’s available which can easily breach these.
· Encrypted Passwords and Cloud Service: — This one is the safest option to save data in cloud storage. People are now more interested in saving their data in the cloud rather than carrying it in hard drives as it is to access data from cloud storage anywhere and anytime you want. But it also increases the potential risk of security breach. So use an encrypted password for saving your data in cloud storage.
Some cloud services also provide local encryption and decryption of files along with storage and backup facilities.
· Update the Security System: — The technologies are getting advanced and updated in every few seconds which is bringing new ways and methods for a security breach, so it’s very important to update the security system on a regular interval to avoid cyber breaches.
It is also important to invest in a good cyber security system; it might cost more, but will help in long term protection.
· Security Policies for Mobile: — Sometimes we use mobile to access the information of the company and mobiles are most prone to cyber breach. So ensure to have strong security policies for mobile access.
The best security policies for mobiles are like password protection of the device, encryption of data, security applications and secured reporting procedure on lost or stolen devices.
· Create Backup of the data: — It is very important to perform a backup of important business data’s in regular interval of time as you can still get access to the information in case of cyber breach happens in the main source.
Make an automatic backup system, or do a manual backup once in a week or preferred timing. The backup system must also be secured like unsecured cloud services are much exposed to cyber breach.
· Firewall and Secured WI-Fi: — Ensure that your operating system is firewall enabled or get it installed by some professional. The Internet is the mother source of all kind of virus and makes it easier for cyber crimes.
If Wi-Fi is used for the business purpose, make sure that it is encrypted and secured. Keep updating the password on regular intervals.
Confidential and important company data’s are sometimes having more importance than money. So it is very important to take the required cyber security steps to ensure the safety of them.