Top 10 Reasons For Automated Patching
We are hyper focused one one thing, making patching simple and easy. There is no reason for you to spend excess time and energy on an element of your job that is better handled with automation. Patching has come a long way in the past year. Cloud based automation has made the once tedious process of patching as easy as checking your Facebook status.
If you’re still on the fence about upgrading your existing patching process, here are ten reasons why automation that will make your work more productive.
- Reduce Patching work by 90% — Let’s be honest, you have better things to do with your time than spend it running around manually patching software or dealing with the headaches of WSUS patch protocols. Automated patching reduces the amount of work required to apply patches. Our customers have told us they are saving 90% of the time they were spending on patching. From downloading to applying to reporting on patches, let the software do the lion’s share of the work so you can focus on more important tasks.
- Easy to set up — If you’re worried about the time to value, a good cloud based solution takes minutes to set up. Simply sign-up and start adding endpoints. For bulk deployment, you can use active directory, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, JumpCloud, among others to quickly get the agent loaded onto every device in your network.
- Plug and play — Once you’re setup, you now have access to your entire network. You can add new devices as they come online and deploy patches immediately. No need to configure a new server or deal with a professional services team taking a month or more to get you up to spend learning a new system. Automated patching by design is intuitive and easy to learn.
- Visibility of your entire network — Part of the reason people never get around to patching is that they don’t know what they have out there and it’s just too intimidating to open pandora’s box. Not anymore. With an automated patching solution, you’ll have your entire network at your fingertips. You can see every endpoint, it’s configuration, and what patches are outstanding.
- Patch and Deploy 24/7 — Now that you can see where your vulnerabilities are, it’s as easy as pressing a button to start deploying patches. That black hole of patches you had been avoiding is closing up before your very eyes. You can choose what patches you want to deploy, which devices will be updated, and at a time that doesn’t disrupt their productivity.
- Improves security — That nagging feeling of hoping nothing goes wrong and you don’t have a breach away when you automate the patching process. After all, 90% of employees violate data breach prevention policies. Being able to see new software, overdue updates, and changes to configuration puts security control in your hands.
- Integrates with other software — Are you in a Linux environment or perhaps you have a lot of third party software to deal with. Whether you’re looking to bulk deploy through Puppet, Chef, or Ansible, or you need to keep Adobe, Java, Office, and Firefox among others up to date. Automated patching plays nicely with your existing software and complements your security suite.
- Meet Compliance Goals — Compliance regulations, whether internal or external, are increasing and you’re a the center of ensuring your systems are up to date. With automated patching, you can monitor your entire network on a real time basis. The ability to act when an endpoint goes out of compliance removes any doubt about the status of your network.
- Proactive Reporting — Instead of scrambling at the last minute to pull together network status for the executive team, with automated patching you are out in front of the reporting. Proactively report on how many patches were deployed in the prior week/month/year as well as system status and security.
- Future Proof — With cloud based automated patching, you’re never dealing with tech debt or struggling with legacy systems. You’ll always have the most up to date features and functionality without having to lift a finger.