Book flight tickets from Chicago to Mumbai and Explore India’s Economic & Entertainment Hub
Mumbai (Bombay) is a densely populated town on India’s west coast. An economic middle, it’s India’s largest metropolis. Offshore, nearby Elephanta Island holds historic cave temples dedicated to the Hindu god Shiva. The metropolis’s additionally well-known as the heart of the Bollywood movie. Here are some interesting facts about the city:-
- World’s most expensive house is in Mumbai Antilia, Mukesh Ambani’s 27-story skyscraper is cited as the world’s most expensive house, valued at almost $1 billion. The business tycoon moved into the 400,000 square feet mansion in 2012 with his wife and three children.
• The Bandra-Worli Sea Link is made up of cement and steel wire equal to the girth of the earth officially known as Rajiv Gandhi Sea Link, it has a length of around 5.6 km. It was made with 90,000 tonnes of cement and steel wire equal to the earth’s girth.
• Mumbai was once an archipelago of 7 islands. Although now connected, the islands that formed ‘Bombay’ are Isle of Bombay, Colaba, Old Woman’s Island (Little Colaba), Mahim, Mazagaon, Parel and Worli. It took over 5 centuries to unite them together to form an emotion called ‘Bombay’. These were famous fishing centers and some of these communities are still active. chicago to mumbai flights
• Mumbai has a coastline of about 150 kilometers. Not many people know about its vast coastline. Right from Marine Drive to Aksa Beach, Mumbai has a huge coastline. Marine Drive is beautifully embellished with the ‘queen’s necklace’.
• Mumbai is one of the most helpful cities in India. According to a lot of travelers, Mumbai has shown helpful attitude many times over. It has endured a lot of pain through terror attacks and natural calamities, but even in those hard times, it has not failed to lend a helping hand. chicago to mumbai flight
• Flamingos migrate here every year. A large amount of migrating population of flamingos is found in the swamps of Sewri and Bhandup. Between the months of October to March, a lot of birding enthusiasts and photographers march to these marshlands with their props. chicago to mumbai flight deals
- Mumbai’s Juhu Aerodrome was the first airport in India founded in 1928 and Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport is the 3rd best international airport in the world.