Sr. Account Executive, Brand Partnerships (SF)
Medium is a place for ideas to collide and build off each other, where you can deepen your understanding of what matters in the world. Weigh in. Make an impression. Be a part of the conversation. Maybe even change your mind… or someone else’s. Instead of writing on a solitary island somewhere out on the web, you’re participating in a thriving, pulsing network. That’s good, because people create better things together. Like Medium.
The Brand Partnerships team at Medium works with innovative brands to shape the future of advertising. Our partnerships aim to unlock the potential of Medium’s platform to engage highly influential and valuable audiences, be thought-provoking and meaningful, and ultimately drive our partners’ brands and businesses forward.
Medium is seeking an experienced Account Executive to develop our business with advertisers and their agencies. We are just getting started, and your primary responsibility is to drive and grow revenue with new partners and build trusted long-term relationships.
This is a high-energy job requiring persistent and persuasive interactions with clients; deep digital, social, and mobile expertise; proven sales skills; and the ability to think strategically about your clients’ business. You will take a consultative approach, uncovering your clients’ needs to bring them appropriate opportunities.
- Establish and develop new relationships at all levels with client and agency partners. Vertical experience a plus — particularly in automotive, travel, technology, and media & entertainment.
- Manage trusted relationships with partners and develop a thorough understanding of their business needs.
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of Medium’s value to users and advertising products and solutions.
- Serve as a trusted consultant with partners, consistently bringing them creative, solution-oriented ideas and products to meet their business challenges.
- Oversee the proposal and media plan process, ensuring highly relevant and creative solutions.
- Work closely with senior management to manage internal revenue expectations and provide accurate forecasting.
- Mentor new team members as our organization grows.
- BS/BA in Advertising, Marketing, Business, or a related field.
- 5–7+ years of experience in content marketing or digital media sales, with experience working with Fortune 500 companies and agencies, and a proven record of exceeding revenue goals.
- Established senior-level relationships within the advertising industry and at brands — specifically with content, social, and digital marketing decision makers at companies and agencies.
- In-depth knowledge of digital media and online marketing technology and its competitive landscape.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Previous experience and success in a quickly growing sales organization.
- A passion for Medium, and helping to build a sales team from the ground up.
- Role based at Medium’s headquarters in downtown San Francisco, CA.
We offer a great compensation package, including a competitive salary and cool perks.
Most importantly, we are looking for people who are confident but humble. Expert but curious. Leaders but also team players. Inclusive but decisive. Adaptable. Effective communicators. You should have a desire to work in a startup environment and help make Medium a world-class company and force for good.
We’re excited for this role and its enormous potential for impact. To apply, please follow this link. We’d love to meet you!