Since Islam is on the headline I want to share with you few facts about Islam
We all have different languages, cultures, religions and nationalities. In the Holy Quran, Allah (=God) tell us: “O mankind, indeed We have created you from male and female and made you peoples and tribes that you may know one another. Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you. Indeed, Allah is Knowing and Acquainted.” (verse: 49:13)
In times like these, we humans need more understanding than ever before. We live in special times. Many Muslim countries are in a mess. Far right governments are gaining power in the US, Hungary, France, Holland and Poland. It is a scary world. We can all do our little part to make this world more human dwelling place.
To be a Muslim, one must declare these Five Pillars.
- Declaration. It is the Shahada which reads: “I believe there is no God but Allah and Mohammad is His Messenger.” One declares that with one’s heart, mind and soul.
- Salaat. One must pray five times a day. Each time will last for 3–7 minutes. One must washes the face, mouth, ears, hair and the feet with water. And thereafter one must face in the direction of Mecca.
- Fast. One must fast The month of Ramadan from sunrise to sunset (not applicable to children and women in that time of the month!). No food, no water, no gossip, and no sex with one’s spouse during the day.
- Zakat. Charity. One must give away some of his/her wages. It depends on the person’s income. The charity goes to people in need.
- Pilgrimage. It is not compulsory while the other 4 Pillars are. If one can financially and does not owe any money to anyone else, he or she ought to go to Mecca.
I declare these 5 Pillars, not only my parents and like their parents before them were Muslims. I myself come to the conclusion that Islam is the true religion for me!