“How to Manage and Maximize your career”
Career development is the lifelong process of managing learning, work, leisure, and transitions in order to move toward a personally determined and evolving preferred future.It is one of the most important aspect of every human life because every one wants to succeed in life. We all, including me and you are in a race of growth and development. So I have some very useful tips to share with you, which can help you maximize your career. These tips are as follow:
- Find your passion and align it with your career
- Decisions are very unique to each person, what’s right for me isn’t right for the other
- Own your decision, don’t let people take remote control of your life and do not blame others
- Do an internship before pursuing a higher degree to confirm if you like that field
- Do not do PhD if you want to be an entrepreneur or wan to work in a corporate sector
- Spend at least 1 year at your first job
I had a discussion with one of my fellows My classmate, on the tips mentioned above.I asked about her plan regarding to his future. She asked me that she want to do M.phil, after this she want to be a lecturer. She asked me that she did not want to do P.hD because she want to get a experience in her field. She has carefully aligned her passion with her career. She truly and passionately wants to work as a facilitator for the students.She agreed on the point of doing internship. She was already in a view of doing an internship but had no clear idea of how would it be fruitful for her.I told her to spend at least 1 year at her first job so that she can maximize her learning. In this way she could learn how to adjust in an environment. She can get a clear insight of the job.
I discuss with her all the tips that i learned from my course. She was thankful to me for sharing such helpful tips with her.