A Basic Introduction to Apache HBASE — 1
Apache HBASE is an Open Source, Scalable, Consistent, Low latency and Random Access database.
It could heal the pain off scalability as it is horizontally scalable and when we need to scale, parallel units could be joined.
As consistency it supports ACID properties of databases and very low time in query and output make it low latent. It can be randomly accessed and failure do not block the system.
When do you need Hbase ?
- High write throughput.
- Low latency big data applications.
- Fast read and write operations.
- Operational Application — If you have large data operational application then Hbase it is a perfect choice but it you have any analytical application then Impala will be great.
Hbase Data Model
- Data is stored in Big table.
- Table consist rows and each rows has arbitrary number of columns.
- Every cell value gets assigned by timestamp and it plays an important role during operations.
- Row keys are lexicographically sorted and stored in Bytes .
- Column name and values are also stored in Bytes .
- Columns are grouped on the basis of properties as a column family.
it will install the Hbase in /usr/local/Cellar/hbase. Alternatively download the habse from here.
Starting Hbase Web server
Go to sbin directory and run the following command:
and visit http://localhost:16010/.
CRUD Operations in Hbase
- To see all the tables
- Create Table
- Insert into table
- Select from table
- Scan table
- Deleting a value
- Disable a table
- Drop a table
Find out More through well designed Hbase docs.