Ah, leather, what’s not to love about sexy, sensuous leather furniture? There’s really nothing like the feel of a leather sofa or chair. And as every leather connoisseur will tell you, there’s nothing like the scent of fine leather furniture.
There’s a reason high-end hotels and restaurants decorate their lobbies with leather furniture. A good leather furniture exudes class, luxury, and good taste. Whether a modern white Italian sofa or a cozy, worn brown leather arm chair, a piece of leather furniture says you know quality when you see it.
But underneath its sexy exterior, leather is a tough, long-lasting material that only gets better with age. It fits in with almost any home décor style and will give you years of use. In the right setting, even a scuffed and scratched leather sofa adds character to a room. It’s no surprise that leather furniture is a perennial favorite.
The next time you are thinking about buying new furniture, consider these properties that make leather a good choice.
1) Leather looks beautiful and outlasts fabric upholstery 4 to 1, making it a great choice for families with children and just about anyone else, really. Leather furniture becomes stronger with time.
2) Leather colors keep their richness and brightness due to a special dyeing process, so there is no need for a polyurethane coating. Because it is dyed, the color is absorbed into the material.
3) Leather is easy to clean. Just wipe off the dust and dirt, vacuum once in a while, and you’re done.
4) Leather welcomes visitors with cozy comfort, letting them know they can sit and visit a while.
5) Leather ‘breathes,” so it rapidly adjusts to your body temperature and is instantly comfortable.
6) Leather ages well, becoming softer and more supple with time. It also resists sun and heat damage and will not tear, even along the seam lines.
7) Leather becomes more comfortable as it ages, adapting to your body over time.
The perfect blend of comfort and luxury, once you fall in love with a piece of leather furniture, you’ll most likely have it for life.