Hi! We are a design team and we’d like to share our latest case study. The main purpose of that project was to help the team of a young Ukrainian startup deal with some of their challenges and conduct the research of the target audiences on the US market. Also, our goal was to make a new website for them and develop a unique value proposition for their users.
CamTouch is an innovative device that allows you to turn any projector or monitor into an interactive board that can be managed with a special stylus. This Ukrainian startup was founded by Andrii Konovalenko when he was in 10th grade. CamTouch is a story about one young ambitious open-minded boy who invented an “iPad on the wall” and his passionate team from Ukraine.
How we met
Our first meeting took place at the beginning of March 2020, the team of CamTouch just came back from the Startup Grind Global 2020 and CES, USA. We discussed their future plans. Our goal was to find out what is their target audience, how to reach them, how to form a value proposition for their audience and to design a new website.
The second meeting was a brainstorming session, where we identified all possible target audiences for which the product will be valuable, created hypotheses that we needed to check in the future. After that, we had a list of about sixteen audiences and we had to narrow it down to about 4–5 and work with them.
We began our work from conducting research, without which no design can be done, collected information about their competitors and studied the US market.
Also, we’ve made a list of US organizations and foundations that could be interested in using CamTouch for their projects.
In order to find out more about the product we interviewed the sales team of CamTouch, this gave us the ground for future research.
We’ve decided to conduct qualitative and quantitative research. Perhaps the main part of our work was to perform interviews with our target audience. Also, we’ve compiled a Google questionnaire in three languages with questions that were the most interesting for us. Thus we’ve got the information for further work.
Sometimes the force-majeure circumstances can interfere with your perfect process. Our goal was the US market, as Camtouch had already proven itself there once. Every day we have promoted our survey and asked US users for an interview, we’ve sent more than 300 emails, but it gave us almost no results. We did not understand what was wrong until we’ve realized that it was the Covid-19 pandemic situation.
Working in conditions of strict quarantine was harder than we thought. We didn’t get much feedback from the American audience, but we noticed one thing — it was very similar to the answers of people from the CIS. Based on the responses from the questionnaire, the interviews and the experience of Camtouch managers, we identified 4 main audiences: Education, Consulting, Sales and Corporate.
Landing and website
We took everything we had considering quarantine and stress conditions and started making UI from the Landing page to test the hypotheses that were previously discussed with the Camtouch Team.
We’ve made the Landing Page for Homeschooling Case, but again something went wrong. To complete the work on time, we decided to transform the Landing Page into the Main Page of the website.
Next, each of us took one user case and got to work. We already had confirmed hypotheses, we studied the pains and requirements of users, compiled empathy maps, and formulated the tone of voice. Thus, we created a website that meets all the needs of our target audiences.
In conclusion, we’d like to admit that the project was both interesting and challenging. But we’ve managed to work our way through it and get to our desired destination. We are very grateful to Camtouch Team for such a great opportunity and for their help throughout the project! The case study on Behance can be found here.