ITS FESTIVAL SEASON! A handy Checklist of everything us girls will need!
Ahhh festivals. My all time favourite events of the year. The dirty campsite, the piles of empty beer cans and plastic wine bottles, the loud music, the terrible hangovers and of course the greatest memories you’ll ever make.
If I’ve learnt anything after going to numerous festivals over the years, even if it’s just for a day, it’s what to pack, and what not to pack, so lets get started!
- Deodorant! (An absolute must)
- Baby wipes, and lots of them!
- Suncream! I learnt this the hard way…
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Any medication including a tonne of paracetamol, Imodium and dioralite! (Youll thank me later)
- Hairbrush and hair bands
- Plasters and blister patches
- Mini first aid kit
- Shampoo, conditioner, body wash..( if you’re planning on showering.. I guarantee you wont)
- Femfresh (just for that extra clean feeling)
- Tissues … lots of tissues
- Hand sanitiser
- Hand wipes (if you’re a germaphobe like me)
- Tent (a waterproof, lined tent… again I learnt this the hard way)
- Sleeping bag
- Air bed or camp bed (for that extra piece of luxury)
- Pump for the air bed.
- Camping chair
- A large back pack to carry your belongings in!
- A trolley to pile on your booze and items you can’t carry!
- Pyjamas, WARM, pyjamas! even though you may be thinking ‘yeah festival season it’s warm and sunny… no, no no no. It gets bloody freezing at night!! So take a warm hoodie and some thermal leggings and keep warm!
- Fluffy socks
- Knickers.. enough for the amount of days you’ll be there
- A spare clean bra
- Tights/socks to match any outfits
- Enough day time outfits for the time you’re there
- A hoodie to keep warm
- A rain mac incase the weather takes a drastic turn for the worst!
- Trainers or boots you don’t mind getting ruined!
- Flip flops for showering in… those shower floors are a nightmare (just don’t look at them)
- Earplugs (for a good night sleep… people do not and will not sleep the same time you do!)
- Bug spray… I found this a life saver being allergic to gnat bites!
- Welly boots.. if you know the weather will be rubbish!
- Sunglasses… a must!
- Any glitter/face paint to get creative whilst waiting for your favourite bands
- Phone chargers! And of course your phone lead
- Now you may also be thinking… bumbags? No! But being completely honest they’re a festival must have and a life saver! You don’t want to have a bag swinging off of you whilst jumping around in a mosh pit, you just want your essentials and you’re set!
- Money, id, bank card etc… but keep them in the safest of places!
- Phone chargers… you’ll need more than one!
- Your phone lead
- Any medication you need
- Hand sanitiser
- Tissues (the toilets aren’t always stocked!)
- Suncream (you never know!)
- Clip on a refillable water bottle whilst you’re at it… most festivals have taps with free water you can fill bottles up with… lifesaver!
Food and drink
- BOOOOOOOOZE! But remember festivals don’t allow glass… always tip your drink into plastic bottles before leaving your house. Cans are fine!
- Water! Lots and lots of water, there is taps in the campsites but most of the time they’re rammed… it’s always good to have a bottle as a backup!
- Mixers (basically anything you can carry and need!)
- Snacks like crisps and cereal bars are good, being honest you’re either too hot, too hungover or too drunk to even remember to eat, there are multiple food stalls dotted around the area so you’ll always have food! (Although these are quite pricey) having smacks as backup are always a good idea!
And I think that’s it! Festivals are always so much fun, it’s my all time favourite thing to do, this year I’ll be attending reading and a few others here and there. Always remember to keep your personal belongings together and close to you, never take anything of value and always keep money and id’ with you at all times!!
Unfortunately there are people who attend festivals just to take others belongings, but luckily staff and security has doubled in the past few years and the majority of the time you’ll be fine, but it’s Better to be safe than sorry! So keep the expensive stuff at home!
If you’re like me you’re probably already planning and packing, (last year I was packed 3 months before) oops!
I hope this list comes in handy to those of you attending festivals this year! For a first timer it’s always daunting thinking of what to take and what not to take… but the only thing that matters is that you’ll have fun… and if you forget something it’s more than likely a fellow camper will have it there for you to borrow!
Have an amazing summer… festival season has officially begun!!! ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️