Latest info on COVID-19
The health and safety of the Bay Wheels community is our priority. With recent news around coronavirus (COVID-19), we know you may have questions about how we can all do our part to keep the community healthy. We want to share the actions we’re taking to help protect you — and what you can do to help.
In partnership with the MTC and our partner cities, Bay Wheels is offering a 30-day program to give critical healthcare workers free bikeshare memberships. Through May 31, eligible healthcare workers can sign up through their employer to access unlimited 45-minute trips on Classic bikes and ebikes for 30 days. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are an essential healthcare organization and want to participate in the program.
What Bay Wheels is doing
- Closely monitoring the situation and taking action. We’re following updates on COVID-19, including guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health officials. We’ll continue to take actions necessary to help protect the community.
- Helping with prevention. We’re aggressively increasing our cleaning protocols. High contact surfaces on bikes will be disinfected each time they arrive in our depot. High contact surfaces on vans used to transport vehicles will also be disinfected at the start of each shift. Our associates are wearing gloves when handling bikes, and we are recommending that they wear a face covering where recommended by CDC guidance and local regulations. We’re helping procure face coverings for associates.
What you can do to help keep yourself healthy (including tips from the CDC)
- We recommend our riders follow CDC and local guidance to wear face coverings in public.
- Avoid close contact with others who are sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, touched public surfaces, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If you can’t wash your hands with soap and water, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth if you have to cough or sneeze, and wash or sanitize your hands as soon as you can.
Thank you for being a part of the Bay Wheels community.