Hello! Please find below the media kit for Being, the first app that lets you experience Instagram from another user’s perspective. For more information on Being or to provide feedback, please feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Thanks for viewing,
Adam Mashaal, Founder of Being
Being | Launch Press Release
SEE SOCIAL MEDIA FROM ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE: BEING IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR FREE ON THE APP STORE
New York, NY — February 18, 2016 — Being, an iPhone app that enables users to see what Instagram looks like through the eyes of another user, launched today and is now available on the App Store as a free download.
Seeing Instagram from someone else’s perspective unlocks a whole new layer of discovery. Instagram is about curation through shares, and Being flips the model by highlighting who someone follows, not what they share. From pop stars to presidential candidates, Being creates a feed of what Instagram looks like from the perspective of any other user based on who they’re following. Being helps users discover new content from those they trust, those they don’t know, and those they want to know better. With Being, you can feel closer to your friends, favorite celebrities, and influencers like never before.
A follow up to their 2014 release, Mashfeed, Being is the third app from New York-based startup Pressto, Inc., founded by Adam Mashaal. With the goal to help social media users make better connections, Mashaal discovered that who you follow on social media is the most authentic form of curation there is.
“Each time you follow someone on Instagram or subscribe to a channel on YouTube, you are telling the world, ‘I am down with this.’ Your social media feed is like an art gallery you’ve personally curated,” said Being founder Adam Mashaal in a Medium post about the creation of the app. “It’s amazing what you can discover about someone by viewing Instagram from their perspective. I learned that Lady Gaga is into muscle cars, that Donald Trump follows only Trump-related companies, and I even momentarily felt like I was part of Taylor Swift’s #girlsquad.”
- View feeds: See who your friends and favorite Instagrammers are following
- Discover: Find new content from people you trust and browse popular feeds by topics and categories of users to view including athletes, artists, comedians, presidential candidates, pop stars, fashion bloggers, YouTube stars, and techies
- Stand-alone: No Instagram account required to use Being
- Upholds privacy: View any feeds you can access in the Instagram app; private users stay private
- Social sharing: Ability to share who you’re viewing on Twitter and Instagram
- Trending: Discover which users most people are viewing on the Being home screen
About BEING: Launched in February 2016, Being is an iPhone app that lets users experience Instagram through someone else’s eyes. From pop stars to the presidential candidates, Being enables you to see what Instagram looks like from the perspective of any other user based on who they follow. For more information, visit beingtheapp.com and find Being on Twitter at @beingtheapp, on Facebook at Facebook.com/BeingTheApp, and on Instagram at @BeingTheApp.
App Store Description:
Experience Instagram through someone else’s eyes with Being.
From pop stars to presidential candidates, Being lets you see what Instagram looks like from the perspective of any other user based on who they’re following. Discover new feeds and feel closer to your favorite friends, celebrities and influencers like never before.
- See who your friends & favorite Instagrammers are following
- Discover new content from people you trust
- Browse popular feeds by topic and category
No Instagram account required. View any feeds you can access in the Instagram app (private users stay private).
For media use. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if additional images are needed.
Launch Details and Social Media:
- Launch Date: February 18, 2016
- iTunes Link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1038340520
- Website: www.beingtheapp.com
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/beingtheapp
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/beingtheapp
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/beingtheapp
- Hashtags: #WhenYoureBeing #BeingTheApp
Who is behind Being?
Adam Mashaal, Founder of Being:
Adam Mashaal, the founder of Being and a New York native, is a product leader with a passion for developing great products that make the lives of their users simpler and more enjoyable. After receiving a degree in Music Business at New York University in 2005, Mashaal began his career as an innovative product manager for startups and Fortune 500 companies. Mashaal launched mobile app development company, Pressto, Inc., in 2010. His products have received press in Refinery29, Techcrunch, and Techrepublic, among others. Mashaal is currently living in the East Village of New York City.
Being Launch Video:
For media use.
For media inquiries, please contact: email@example.com.