Angel Investor Startup Digest
Jenny Tooth — Businesszone
- In the US, a woman is twice as likely to start a business as a woman in the UK.
Liisa Rajala — NH Business Review
- Angel investors cautiously retreated in 2016, with the number of investments and deal sizes decreasing, but renewed their focus on startups and seed investments, according to Jeffrey Sohl, director of University of New Hampshire’s Center for Venture Research.
Ambika Chopra — Inc42
- Indonesia has seen a growing penetration of the digital economy and a long-awaited boost to the entrepreneurial ecosystem with Startup Weekend, Bali being one such boost.
Luke Davis — This is money
- Leading angel investor on why he’s backing the Conservatives.
Jeff Haden — Inc.
- An interview with the director of documentaries like Cocaine Cowboys, 30 for 30’s The U, and Dawg Fight on the entrepreneurial side of filmmaking… and how to take your ideas and turn them into reality.
Katie Roof — TechCrunch
- Beauty parlors manage a lot of appointments, but about half of them are still using pen and paper, estimates Shedul. The startup is trying to change that, by offering scheduling software for the the salon and spa industry. And it’s been catching on because it’s free.
Patricia Daddona — HartfordBusiness.com
- A bill that expands Connecticut’s angel investor tax credit program to businesses in any industry has unanimously passed the Senate.